cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cath
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Flip phone - incoming calls do not ring or show in call log, outgoing calls and voicemail work

@t_p 

No option for WCDMA

Only options are:

LTE On (Automatic LTE/3G/2G)

LTE Off (Automatic 3G/2G)

2G Only

I selected LTE Off

Thanks

Cath

Re: Flip phone - incoming calls do not ring or show in call log, outgoing calls and voicemail work

@S--S 

Thanks for the reminder.  I totally forgot to reboot.  As my son tells me, “Keep up with the tour, Mom.”  😂

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Cath wrote:

@dabr 

For two seniors on a very limited budget, even one refurbished smartphone is not possible.  But thanks for the info. 🙂

@Cath    Of course, if finances don't permit purchasing even something like the refurbished Moto E/$99 which is a good phone at a reasonable price, then perhaps there's some family or friend who may upgrade their phone soon and is willing to to donate their old smart phone to you at no cost?   I was using a hand-me-down for a couple of years, although I already a smart phone, it was an improvement from the one I had.

Anyway, hopefully, you can get the issue resolved and are able to get another year or more use out of your flip phones .  Good luck.

t_p
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Cath wrote:

@t_p 

No option for WCDMA

Only options are:

LTE On (Automatic LTE/3G/2G)

LTE Off (Automatic 3G/2G)

2G Only

I selected LTE Off

Thanks

That's strange. My Go Flip has that setting.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Cath   what area (province and city) you are at?

And those missed  calls went to VM?   All incoming calls are like this or just half and half?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Cath 

Thats the right setting. Have your husband call you.

Cath

Am in Owen Sound, Ontario.  Problem seems to be resolved now, thanks to settings suggested by @darlicious and @t_p .

0PX9O4

So glad this issue could be resolved for you both @Cath !!

t_p

@Cath wrote:

This has been happening with my Coolpad Snap for a few weeks and working with Coolpad tech support has failed to resolve the issue.  Today, my husband informed me that his Alcatel Go Flip has the same issue.  Settings on both phones have been checked.   That this is happening on two different phones with two different Public Mobile plans makes me wonder if it could be a PM issue.  Does anyone have any bright ideas?

Thanks

EDIT

Sincere thanks to everyone who responded.  Hub and I can call each other and the phones ring!  These two seniors, 80 and 79, are soooo happy!

One final question:  can I mark two replies as solutions?

@Cath 

No, you can choose only one.

Personally, I think @darlicious deserves the honor since she suggested the solution to you first.

pkaraa

No, you can choose only one as accepted solution.

you can bravo others. 

Need Help? Let's chat.