cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed port

acoady
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported into public last night. I got a successful message, text and calls out are working, but i cannot recieve calls. When I call my number it says its not in service. Where do I go from here. I really need my phone to be working today

19 REPLIES 19

acoady

I guess no time to get back to me, but time to send yet another welcome to public mobile email. We're up to 10 welcome emails now. WTF

acoady

I got another "Your Public Mobile Activation Details" late last night, this is now the ninth copy of this exact message I have gotten. The mods haven't contacted me with anything more than hi give me your pin. 

Tids

WHat are the tricks. Obvisouly I'm having some trouble here so fill me in. 

@Tids wrote:

iPhone. Because I can't get any satisfaction anywhere and when I search can't receive calls and no data they all pertain to porting. 

How old of an iPhone? I'm not an iOS user but there are searchable threads that suggest a carrier update via iTunes (I think?) is needed for older versions of the phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tids wrote:

I have an iPhone 7.

when someone calls me it says that my account isn't set up to receive calls, therefore it has to do with the system that I can't operate or activate myself. 

Moderators are painfully slow here is there only 1 or 2 of them? 

lol It would seem.

Yes they're slow. It's ridiculous but hey you get what you pay for.

But did you try the couple tricks I mentioned?

Tids

I have an iPhone 7.

when someone calls me it says that my account isn't set up to receive calls, therefore it has to do with the system that I can't operate or activate myself. 

Moderators are painfully slow here is there only 1 or 2 of them? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tids wrote:

iPhone. Because I can't get any satisfaction anywhere and when I search can't receive calls and no data they all pertain to porting. 

So if you went to that .nz site that would imply maybe iphone 5 something?

Is there any call-blocking set to on in your dialer?

Always-on call-forwarding set to on?

What does a caller (you) get when calling in to your number?

Have you tried the lost/stolen trick?

Have you tried the additional $1 trick?

Tids

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@acoady wrote:

@popping Previous carriers SIM deactivated when I ported Friday evening. The account with them also closed friday evening. I was stuck all weekend partial service. 

Since you had sent a private message to moderator.  Moderator will be working onyour request soon as it is over 48 hours now.

acoady

@popping Previous carriers SIM deactivated when I ported Friday evening. The account with them also closed friday evening. I was stuck all weekend partial service. 

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tids

Porting refers to switching your old number from a different provider..you posted in the wrong thread..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tids wrote:

I'm not even sure if it's "porting"

this is a new public mobile number I didn't switch it over from another carrier so I don't know why the issue. I can make calls but not receive them and data is not working. 

Ive changed APN and I went to the site every recommends to install the proper APN. 

If anybody suggest I factory wipe my phone you can get bent. There is never a need for factory wiping it's just that a setting needs to be modified. 

Then why did you post in this thread?

What kind of phone is it?

Tids

I'm not even sure if it's "porting"

this is a new public mobile number I didn't switch it over from another carrier so I don't know why the issue. I can make calls but not receive them and data is not working. 

Ive changed APN and I went to the site every recommends to install the proper APN. 

If anybody suggest I factory wipe my phone you can get bent. There is never a need for factory wiping it's just that a setting needs to be modified. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tids wrote:

I'm having same issues and no response from mods for 3 days and waiting. 

Is your previous carrier SIM card still working?

If yes, you can continue to your old SIM card until it is completely dead which is the indication that your port is completed.

Moderator wait time is 48 - 72 hours.  You will get moderator help soon.

Tids

I'm having same issues and no response from mods for 3 days and waiting. 

@acoady, there seem to be frequent oddities that occur with emails.  Lately, folks are getting welcome emails multiple times, I can't even receive the password reset link to email, as they don't have a record of sending to my email address (lucky for me, I don't require this, as I use a password manager).

You can safely create a rule to block the duplicate emails coming in, however, make sure you don't block all Public Mobile communications, as you may miss something in the future.

If you're really concerned about this, contact the Moderator_Team via the Private Messaging system on the top right of every Community Forum page.

acoady

I contacted the mods in the private message before 9am Saturday morning.

All weekend I was unable to call my cell phone from my home phone. My wife was able to call me from her cell phone thankfully (koodoo so same network). I'm not sure if any landlines would have been able to call my cell.

No one got back to me until Sunday after lunch, and I had family stuff going all day so I wasn't able to look at it until this morning.

Finally this morning I'm able to call to my cell phone from a land line. 

I have also recieved a ton or repeat emails with the subject "Your Public Mobile Activation Details"

I recieved one on November 30th when I did the port. 5 on December 2nd and 2 this morning. Is this normal?

Overall this has been a terrible first experience with Public Mobile.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@acoady  Click this to send them a message. Remember to give a full description of your issue with as much detail and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number so they don’t send you a message back asking for more details.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@acoady, you will need to get the moderator team to resubmit the port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.