cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing customer with new phone

SauceBucket
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I currently have a samsung galaxy ace-2x activated with public mobile. My brother gave me his Moto G wich came with an unactive public mobile micro sim card. Can I cut my ace2x sim to fit the new phone? If not can public mobile activate my moto G with existing(unactive) public mobile micro sim card? Also will I be able to keep my current plan(doesnt seem to exist anymore)?

4 REPLIES 4

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Excellent! I'm happy to hear it worked out smoothly.

SauceBucket

I wouldnt of been able to cut it without having a micro sim to alling the chip. I also wrote the id number down in case...just throwing that out there for other users

SauceBucket

Thank you Youbme i decided to cut it carefully and everything works great! 

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello @SauceBucket,

Your service is attached to your activated SIM card. So, if you are able to put it in another unlocked phone, then it should work OK.

The criteria to bear in mind is; 1) Is the phone compatible, i.e. proper 3G/LTE frequencies and 2) is it unlocked. If both are met, then all you will need is to carefully cut (I would go to a mobile store to have it done properly) your SIM to fit the Moto G, then make sure that the APN settings on the 'new' phone are correct; see Setting Up Data On Your Phone. Note that some phones do this automatically, so first be sure to shut off and on your phone with the new SIM to see if it works before going to change the settings.

Regarding your legacy plan, I doubt it would be affected by getting a new SIM, though I would have to pass on that question to someone else.

Need Help? Let's chat.