cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit APN settings

Rachel0881
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 that is unlocked. My "edit access point name" settings is greyed out.

12 REPLIES 12

@Rachel0881  APN settings look good. Hopefully they fix it soon.

👍

Rachel0881

I got in touch with the moderator team and they said the sim card is showing "not active" on their end so they have escalated the issue.Screenshot_20200105-215123_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200105-215116_Settings.jpg

@Rachel0881  Can u post a screenshot of your APN settings?

@Rachel0881 

Maybe try putting your SIM card in another phone.  To help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service issue.  If PM service issue, need to contact moderator.  

Might want to try network reset.  

Rachel0881

I called to confirm my phone is unlocked.

Rachel0881

I tried, thank you, but it didn't work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rachel0881 wrote:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 that is unlocked. My "edit access point name" settings is greyed out.

I'm curious if you might have seen a message asking for an unlock code or PUK or something. When did you unlock it? Samsung's are known to re-lock themselves to a new SIM. If you unlocked it and then used a service and then are trying to come here then maybe it re-locked.

Not sure though. Something to wonder.

Get your texting and calling working and then think about data with the APN as mentioned.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rachel0881 wrote:

This is a new activation. And I did select the new APN.

Enable data and restart your phone and let PM SIM automatically set up your APN settings.

Rachel0881

This is a new activation. And I did select the new APN.

@Rachel0881 , make sure to select the new APN as active.  Note that APN setting only applies to mobile data and MMS.  Calling is not affected by the APN, even if it was wrong.  You might have an account related problem.  Is this a new activation, renewal?

Rachel0881

Thank you. I have added a new APN and I still can't send texts or make calls...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Rachel0881 , you cannot edit an existing APN.  The APN database is contained in a read only system file which cannot be modified.  However, you should be able to add a new APN.  Try using the add APN function.  

Need Help? Let's chat.