cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY

zeen19
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I can't seem to get my phone (S10) to connect Publicmobile network. I have ordered and recieved a new sim, activated it, inserted the new sim - but the phone would not connect to Publicmobile network. 

I have then updated the Publicmobile APN settings, but nothing changed. Under Network settings, I'm trying to connect with Public Mobile option but I would not let me register to it. 

I bought this phone awhile ago, but few weeks into using it on Publicmobile network - all of a sudden it said "unregistered sim". 

Can anybody please provide a solution.

Thank you

13 REPLIES 13

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

a lot of people nowadays are selling their phone which is still on contract and so when they cancel their contract the phone becomes blacklisted. it's best to either buy off eBay or grab their ID or meet at their homeor even the police station(I've done this once, it was the sellers idea) so you know you're not getting screwed over. also just because they have a receipt doesn't mean it won't be blacklisted. 

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@zeen19 

Seems like its been blacklisted by the owner. If you bought it from someone either they reported it lost or stolen after selling it or they stole it and sold it to you.

In this situation you don't have many options.

You could try contacting the person you got it from and see if they can give you more information on it.

For now just download a app that gives you free number and use that. Eg.(textnow,freetone,textme,textplus)

Sorry to say but im 99pct sure you will need a new phone to get it working again.

@zeen19  unfortunately not, that is why you shouldn't purchase phones from strangers.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zeen19 wrote:

I just check, the phone is compatible but my phone IS reported lost/stolen. That means it's blacklisted? Is there a way to get it fixed

Did you purchased your S10 from a store or private sale?

You are out of luck if it is private sale.  You can still use it as a tablet or media player using WiFi.

zeen19

I just check, the phone is compatible but my phone IS reported lost/stolen. That means it's blacklisted? Is there a way to get it fixed

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@zeen19  You phone is blacklisted.

@zeen19  go to this link https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started scroll down to - To find out if your cellular phone is compatible with our network, click here - tap the arrow - scrolled to - Next, check if your phone is lost or stolen. Enter your 15 digit IMEI number. You can find it by dialling *#06# on your phone.

popping

@zeen19 wrote:

It worked fine for few weeks. How do I know if this is blacklisted? Is there a way to check?

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

To get the IMEI number of your phone, dial *#06# from you phone dialer

@zeen19 wrote:

Hello,

I can't seem to get my phone (S10) to connect Publicmobile network. I have ordered and recieved a new sim, activated it, inserted the new sim - but the phone would not connect to Publicmobile network. 

I have then updated the Publicmobile APN settings, but nothing changed. Under Network settings, I'm trying to connect with Public Mobile option but I would not let me register to it. 

I bought this phone awhile ago, but few weeks into using it on Publicmobile network - all of a sudden it said "unregistered sim". 

Thank you

If your S10 is not blacklisted, test your SIM card with another phone to determine your problem is due to PM account or your S10 hardware issue because your phone was working with PM before if I understand on what you said on your OP post.

popping

@zeen19 wrote:

So what can be done in this situation?

After inserted your PM SIM card in your S10, did you turned off your S10.  Wait a couple minutes.  Turn it on again to let PM SIM to configure your phone automatically.

zeen19

It worked fine for few weeks. How do I know if this is blacklisted? Is there a way to check?

zeen19

So what can be done in this situation?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@zeen19  try manually selecting PM as your network and restart your phone. Turn it off wait for 30 seconds and restart it. 

@zeen19 wrote:

Hello,

Thank you

The APN settings could be set to anything and you'd still connect to the network with a compabile phone. APN only allows data use. 

I'm betting on something going wrong during the activation (no fault of yours). Likley, the service was never properly provisioned.

Need Help? Let's chat.