Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-SIM

Brumas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does Public work with e-SIM on my new iPhone SE

9 REPLIES 9

@jordan_kamga wrote:

It's when you set up your phone to work without a physical sim card. It's all done electronically so you don't have to put a sim card in your phone. You will require to download the "E-sim" to have this work. I can be useful if you want to have 2 different phone numbers on the same phone.

Unfortunately, Public mobile does not support this. 

As a new member,welcome to the Public Mobile Community. Please note that this message thread is several months old and the quetsions have already been answered.

jordan_kamga
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's when you set up your phone to work without a physical sim card. It's all done electronically so you don't have to put a sim card in your phone. You will require to download the "E-sim" to have this work. I can be useful if you want to have 2 different phone numbers on the same phone.

Unfortunately, Public mobile does not support this. 

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@mpcdesign wrote:

@Brumas , @geopublic ...old am old guy, what is e-Sim?

e-SIM is electronic SIM. to save physical space, manufacturers are slowly transitioning from physical SIM to e-SIM phone. on e-SIM capable phones, they removed the actual physical SIM card slot. you cant use physical SIM on eSIM phones. instead the telco will give you a "voucher" that contains a QR code. you use that QR code to activate the e-SIM.

im using an e-SIM capable device. it supports a physical SIM and an e-SIM. i use Public Mobile on the physical SIM for callts / text and FIdo on the e-SIM for data. it works OK for my needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mpcdesign wrote:

Embedded, non-removable, non-portable SIM circuitry.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Brumas wrote:

Does Public work with e-SIM on my new iPhone SE

At this time PM does not support E-sim

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Brumas  Public Mobile does not support e-sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.