cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual SIM phone

SP501
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Are any of PM's phones dual SIM? If not, any recommendations that are not too big and not too expensive?!

6 REPLIES 6

SP501

Thanks, will13am.

I want the 2nd sim for travel (if i ever can again!). Otherwise my needs are a "regular" smartphone for email, texts, some apps, etc. Doesn't need to be "spectacular" or "super powerful".  Don't want too big or too heavy! Budget ...... would like to stay under $500. Have a Samsung A40 at present and running into some app compatibility issues.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@SP501 , as a general rule of thumb, carriers do not sell dual SIM phones.  The reason is simple.  The second SIM represents unwanted competition.  Case in point, I purchased a T-Mobile sourced OnePlus 7T recently.  It is dual SIM on the hardware side but single SIM enabled on the software side.  I managed to switch out the T-Mobile software for the regular OnePlus software to enable both SIM slots.  What are your needs and budget?  

@SP501 wrote:

Are any of PM's phones dual SIM? If not, any recommendations that are not too big and not too expensive?!

None of the Certified Pre-Owned devices that Public Mobile is selling have two SIM carrd slots. Phones with dual SIM ard slots sold by any carrier in Canada are extremely rare (I can't even think of an example of a model).

SP501

Thanks for the prompt replies. That's the challenge....there are so many of them on Amazon so I was thinking of PM's.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

OnePlus phones are dual sim.  I have used 3 & 6T both are compatible with PM.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@SP501 wrote:

@SP501 hi there are a ton of them on amazon .ca 150 - 250 just type dual sim 

Need Help? Let's chat.