cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Dropped Calls

@mh1983 wrote:

@casualcat wrote:

I've had the same problem with my calls dropping, and alot of the time its when i call the person first. Maybe have them call you and see if that makes a difference?

I've had incoming and outgoing calls drop. So has my wife. As recently as yesterday, an outgoing call dropped at the 9 minute mark (!!!). Most dropped calls are 50+ minutes, though. Still, not acceptable.

This is a network side issue. Finally got engineering to escalate my case and apparently there's a fix in the works with no ETA. At least no one's suggesting it's something I'm doing now. Yay.

I'm really wondering if this issue is the result of Public Mobile being a virtual mobile network... I've found in my experience using "virtual" things are not very reliable.

Bell and Virgin aren't virtual, nor is Rogers and Fido or Telus and Koodo... BUT third tiers like Public, Lucky and Chatr are virtual... My guess is to help keep costs down. I noticed that Lucky has customer service over the phone which is shocking although when I had Lucky briefly I did get an Indian so it's not like Bell is digging too deep for your experience. Man Wink

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dmbcanada wrote:

@NDesai thanks I have contacted the mods about this.   Has been happening since Sunday on both my wife's phone and mine, could be tower overload since the university students are back in town.

Thank you for contacting the mods. I think they need to know, even if call drops aren't consistent nor intermittent, that there's something going on and it's more widespread than a few isolated cases. The more of us that speak up, the better.

A technician actually called me yesterday and they are looking into it, however it won't be a quick fix.  All I know is that it is not our phones, accounts or towers.   It might be a limitation on call length, but people are having same issue with calls under 1 hour.

@dmbcanada wrote:

A technician actually called me yesterday and they are looking into it, however it won't be a quick fix.  All I know is that it is not our phones, accounts or towers.   It might be a limitation on call length, but people are having same issue with calls under 1 hour.

I hope that it's resolved soon. I feel for those whom have calls to make/take that might be lengthy and... well, can't.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We have two cell phone lines with PM. On mine, I get call dropped around te one hour mark, the other lines occasionally drops on 15 minute mark. For me, the one hour disconnect has happend on locally dialed calls and toll free calls. For the 15 minute disconnect this seems to happen to calls placed out of the province. 

Were you able to get a resolution eventually? I am wondering if I should raise this as a separate/new issue.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm also experiencing dropped calls.

Problem is I was calling the bank! =(

I am in Vancouver, and just started using PM.

I will switch if this doesn't change.

I haven't had any problems with data. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m in Ontario and experiencing the same issue on both our phones. Mentioned this about 3 weeks ago with monterator. Still having issues the last 3 days

Cao

Is Lucky Canadian carrier ??

Mayor / Maire

@CaoYes they are.. they are the lowest tier of service from Bell.. a lot like Public Mobile is with Telus.

I suspect we’ve all landed here for the same reason. Dropped calls. I’m in Ontario and have just 2 or3 ppl I speak with for   extended periods. One dropped call is inconvenient but today I had 9!!! To the same  caller. Apparently an hour+ is cumulative - it doesn’t reset when you call back is my guess. It just keeps repeating. Then I got “no service” message for an additional hour. This is embarrassing. And of course after I bought a $500 signal booster to compensate for the sketchy signal. Despite that I was happy with PB. Now I regret enlisting friends. I’ll be looking elsewhere. A cheap rate is just a false economy if there’s inadequate service.