cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped Calls

atkwai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I don't usually use the voice call option too much on my phone.   And I never really had any issue with drop calls before, but today when I was on the phone with the warranty department of Dyson Canada my call was dropped.

Originally, I thought their agent had accidently ended the call.  Since I have never experienced dropped calls before on this phone (OnePlus 6) and with public mobile.   But after I called back it happened twice more, a total of 3 dropped call within the hour.  (calls were made between 2:30pm to 4:00pm EDT on July 24)

Is there some thing happening on the network? I would like to have this resolved and not experience dropped calls in the future. 

I was making the calls on the 2nd floor of my house, which never had reception problems before. 

21 REPLIES 21

CHNR3858

I also experienced dropped calls lately (Toronto here). I made a call to New Jersey and had 2 dropped calls within 2 hours. Today, I called in to an agency in Ontario and had to be put on hold. Once I got a hold of a rep, my call was drop. This happened twice.

updatehelenasap

After 5 months of experiencing drop calls, it happened again.  The moderator team replied saying they were working on this problem, but guess it's still not solved.  I'm actually considering changing to another company due to this.  I only get dropped calls for important calls like waiting in line for 30+ mins just to talk to a customer rep on the phone.  Very annoying and wastes my precious time.  Not worth the cost. 

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I experienced two dropped calls yesterday, both at the 53 min mark. Posted about it here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Dropped-calls-yesterday/m-p/393843

oxenhamrw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As of May 7/19 dropped calls are still occurring from the North Oakanagan area of BC. Four dropped calls in succession to a Toronto 647 area code. At approximately 2:45pm to 3pm PST,

Tuesday, May 7.  

updatehelenasap

I also have the same issue. It keeps on dropping more than 5 times. So I used my dad's phone instead (Rogers). I sent a private message to the moderator team for a solution.  

@Anonymous, my apologies.  I revoke my comments.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoa @stonechucker! @daredogg is right. I was referring to ss. I can well imagine I won't always be perfect in my typing and I almost never call out people for that exact reason. It's the canned responses that c'm'on really oughta be correct.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with canned responses as long as they're relevant. Sometimes that guy just throws out that canned response and it's like...no you don't

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous, I'm sorry my typing is a problem for you.  When you have bad vision and can't double check everything, let me know how it goes for you.

I think @stonechucker they were referring to S--S... and not you... Robot Happy

@Anonymous I agree with @stonechucker that there's no place for a "contact a moderator" auto response. Either take the time to try to help, or don't. Even if the solution is to contact the mods, provide at least a one liner as to why you think that. Hopefully users like @Anonymous will grow bored of padding their stats and actually start helping (or leave the forums). Not picking a fight with you S--S, but you know you can do better... Robot wink

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous, instead of just pasting your macro in every time, why don’t you try to explain what might be needed to be done, or offer a useful point or tip?

Hour standard issue, run of the mill, boiler plate canned responses do nothing on a regular basis, other than just taking up space.

I just wish he'd fix the typos in his "standard issue, run of the mill, boiler plate canned responses". I'm fine with there use but if you're gonna can a typical response then make it right. It's distracting to read.

JelloConspiracy

Experienced the same thing this afternoon at about 12:00 p.m. PDT here in Vancouver.

Incoming and outgoing calls within and outside the Telus network were dropped within a few seconds or a few minutes.

I've never experienced this with the other largest telecom company. Rather annoying.

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hmmm weird. I was on some calls today (Ontario) and had no issues. In these scenarios it would be nice if PM were to implement wifi calling, but alas

@Anonymous, instead of just pasting your macro in every time, why don’t you try to explain what might be needed to be done, or offer a useful point or tip?

Hour standard issue, run of the mill, boiler plate canned responses do nothing on a regular basis, other than just taking up space.

Anonymous
Not applicable

to @stonechucker you are genius fix it 

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

I've had my call drop 5 times same conversation from BC to Ontario over the last hour....  annoying! Robot Mad

Once again @Anonymous, a completely useless response to an issue.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need send a private message to Click here 

In your message put it, please include.

- your account number

- your phone number 

- your account PIN

- Detailed explanation of specific your issue

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Good Luck

anarp88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was on a phone interview and the call was dropped *5* times! Has never happened before and of course once the interview was over, I called a friend and no issues for the 15 mintues I was chatting for!!!

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

another user is complaining as well

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Cell-not-working/m-p/256304/highlight/f...

looks like a network issue!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If there are any network concerns, I always refer to the outage map. 

http://canadianoutages.com/status/telus/map/

Need Help? Let's chat.