cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped Calls

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My wife and I are having issues with our service.    We have both been on calls the last few days that have been over an hour and our calls are being disconnected automatically.   In my call I called back the other party and they were unable to hear me.  Really frustrating since my wife was on hold with her financial institution for an hour and when it was her turn her call ended.

58 REPLIES 58

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sm2016 wrote:

@srlawren 

iPhone 7 model: A1778

iPhone 8 model: A1905

I have the same problem on both models indicated above

@sm2016 interesitng.  I'm going to tag @CalgaryBen to see if he has any ideas.  (I'm an Android guy personally.)  EDIT: also tagging @sheytoon to see if he can think of anything network-related that might be the cause.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sm2016 wrote:

I have been complaining about this since last year and there has been no solution to date. If you pay close attention, not only is it dropped calls, but many calls do not even go through and will be directed straight to your voicemail. 

2 phones in my family (both in BC), and experience this problem DAILY.

I experienced something I have never experienced before with my phone. I'm not sure if it is the fault of the phone, the service or both.

I called a customer hotline and the phone did not ring, but the call counter started as if someone picked up. I spoke and I heard myself. Confused, I spoke again and continued to hear myself. I hung up and called back and then it went through.

sm2016

@srlawren 

iPhone 7 model: A1778

iPhone 8 model: A1905

I have the same problem on both models indicated above

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sm2016 wrote:

I have been complaining about this since last year and there has been no solution to date. If you pay close attention, not only is it dropped calls, but many calls do not even go through and will be directed straight to your voicemail. 

@sm2016 question:  what is the phone brand and model of both affected phones?  Please be as specific as possible on the model numbers.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sm2016

Obice

Hi,

Today I get to say that while on call the call dropped. I'm not impressed at all. And even though I'm certain my complaint will fall on deaf ears I shall say that my call dropped after 30 minutes of being on the phone (a rather important call too) and I'm putting this here as a means to say that I lodged a complaint so no one can say otherwise.

Get52Shorty
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am curious to know whether anyone has had any resolution to their dropped calls.  I have recently been experiencing the same thing.  For several weeks I was calling and receiving calls from a new long distance number with conversations lasting from a few minutes to a few hours.  Then last week the calls started to drop.  Sometimes as the call was ringing it would drop.  Other times it would be after talking a few minutes.  It seems as though this specific number is not allowed!

Obice

@hairbag1 wrote:

Before you give up on PM...click on the ? in lower right side of screen to start process of moderator assistance. They may have a few ideas to help. Type "contact a human"...then clcik "Contact Moderators"...follow guide.

This sounds like a temporary solution to me.

Contact mod > They "fix it" for X amount of time > Problem persists > Rinse and repeat...

Before you give up on PM...click on the ? in lower right side of screen to start process of moderator assistance. They may have a few ideas to help. Type "contact a human"...then clcik "Contact Moderators"...follow guide.

babinni
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I suspect we’ve all landed here for the same reason. Dropped calls. I’m in Ontario and have just 2 or3 ppl I speak with for   extended periods. One dropped call is inconvenient but today I had 9!!! To the same  caller. Apparently an hour+ is cumulative - it doesn’t reset when you call back is my guess. It just keeps repeating. Then I got “no service” message for an additional hour. This is embarrassing. And of course after I bought a $500 signal booster to compensate for the sketchy signal. Despite that I was happy with PB. Now I regret enlisting friends. I’ll be looking elsewhere. A cheap rate is just a false economy if there’s inadequate service.  

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@CaoYes they are.. they are the lowest tier of service from Bell.. a lot like Public Mobile is with Telus.

Cao

Is Lucky Canadian carrier ??

ovranch

I’m in Ontario and experiencing the same issue on both our phones. Mentioned this about 3 weeks ago with monterator. Still having issues the last 3 days

fanta_san

I'm also experiencing dropped calls.

Problem is I was calling the bank! =(

I am in Vancouver, and just started using PM.

I will switch if this doesn't change.

I haven't had any problems with data. 

JulietRomeo

We have two cell phone lines with PM. On mine, I get call dropped around te one hour mark, the other lines occasionally drops on 15 minute mark. For me, the one hour disconnect has happend on locally dialed calls and toll free calls. For the 15 minute disconnect this seems to happen to calls placed out of the province. 

Were you able to get a resolution eventually? I am wondering if I should raise this as a separate/new issue.

Obice

@dmbcanada wrote:

A technician actually called me yesterday and they are looking into it, however it won't be a quick fix.  All I know is that it is not our phones, accounts or towers.   It might be a limitation on call length, but people are having same issue with calls under 1 hour.

I hope that it's resolved soon. I feel for those whom have calls to make/take that might be lengthy and... well, can't.

dmbcanada

A technician actually called me yesterday and they are looking into it, however it won't be a quick fix.  All I know is that it is not our phones, accounts or towers.   It might be a limitation on call length, but people are having same issue with calls under 1 hour.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dmbcanada wrote:

@NDesai thanks I have contacted the mods about this.   Has been happening since Sunday on both my wife's phone and mine, could be tower overload since the university students are back in town.

Thank you for contacting the mods. I think they need to know, even if call drops aren't consistent nor intermittent, that there's something going on and it's more widespread than a few isolated cases. The more of us that speak up, the better.

Obice

@mh1983 wrote:

@casualcat wrote:

I've had the same problem with my calls dropping, and alot of the time its when i call the person first. Maybe have them call you and see if that makes a difference?

I've had incoming and outgoing calls drop. So has my wife. As recently as yesterday, an outgoing call dropped at the 9 minute mark (!!!). Most dropped calls are 50+ minutes, though. Still, not acceptable.

This is a network side issue. Finally got engineering to escalate my case and apparently there's a fix in the works with no ETA. At least no one's suggesting it's something I'm doing now. Yay.

I'm really wondering if this issue is the result of Public Mobile being a virtual mobile network... I've found in my experience using "virtual" things are not very reliable.

Bell and Virgin aren't virtual, nor is Rogers and Fido or Telus and Koodo... BUT third tiers like Public, Lucky and Chatr are virtual... My guess is to help keep costs down. I noticed that Lucky has customer service over the phone which is shocking although when I had Lucky briefly I did get an Indian so it's not like Bell is digging too deep for your experience. Man Wink

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@casualcat wrote:

I've had the same problem with my calls dropping, and alot of the time its when i call the person first. Maybe have them call you and see if that makes a difference?

I've had incoming and outgoing calls drop. So has my wife. As recently as yesterday, an outgoing call dropped at the 9 minute mark (!!!). Most dropped calls are 50+ minutes, though. Still, not acceptable.

This is a network side issue. Finally got engineering to escalate my case and apparently there's a fix in the works with no ETA. At least no one's suggesting it's something I'm doing now. Yay.

Obice

@casualcat wrote:

It hasn't for me. I had someone call me a few nights ago and it dropped after an hour.

casualcat

dmbcanada

@NDesai thanks I have contacted the mods about this.   Has been happening since Sunday on both my wife's phone and mine, could be tower overload since the university students are back in town.

Obice

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@Obice wrote:

Sounds like B.S. to me. 2 hours is a far cry from 24 hours, and 1 hour most certainly is also.

Suppose someone in on a call with the CRA, their internet/TV provider, or some other person or organization that requires a subscriber to be on the line for several hours because maybe they are on hold? In fact, prime example, credit card companies love putting you on hold... You would most certainly need more than an hour to talk to your credit card company especially if later in the day when most folks are home.

I can understand if someone was on the phone for 4-6 hours or even longer... but really? Who does that? I can't imagine the majority do. If you pay for something, you should get exactly what you pay.

Freedom does it at 2 hours for everyone.  

(SIGH)

@Obice wrote:

Sounds like B.S. to me. 2 hours is a far cry from 24 hours, and 1 hour most certainly is also.

Suppose someone in on a call with the CRA, their internet/TV provider, or some other person or organization that requires a subscriber to be on the line for several hours because maybe they are on hold? In fact, prime example, credit card companies love putting you on hold... You would most certainly need more than an hour to talk to your credit card company especially if later in the day when most folks are home.

I can understand if someone was on the phone for 4-6 hours or even longer... but really? Who does that? I can't imagine the majority do. If you pay for something, you should get exactly what you pay.

Freedom does it at 2 hours for everyone.  

@Obice wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@dmbcanada Normally, calls are dropped near the 2 hours mark i believe. I suggest you to gather as much info as you can to make a case for this issue so you can report to them. Be sure to test it on a different device to eliminate any device issue. 

Hmmm... Why are calls being dropped at all? People got calls to make and some are likely lengthy.

I was actually on the phone a few nights ago for about an hour with a friend and the call dropped, since my friend was using Fongo I assumed that it might have been on his end since I know Fongo to also drop calls around the 1 hour mark.

I know your not a mod, you're a customer, so my irritance is not with you it is with the service. I don't tend to make calls very much and when I do they also tend to be less than 5 minutes - 10 if super lucky. However, I can understand that for others they make lengthy calls and it's not very suitable to pay for a service that drops calls - especially when its the service's duty to be able to do that very function.

(Dropped calls occur on cellular technology, no doubt, but it should not be a consistant or on-going thing...)

It's kinda disappointing to think that maybe the service is shotty given what customers pay.

Some carriers do call limits per calls for unlimited calling plans. They say it's because unlimited doesn't mean 24/7.

Obice

@NDesai wrote:

@dmbcanada Normally, calls are dropped near the 2 hours mark i believe. I suggest you to gather as much info as you can to make a case for this issue so you can report to them. Be sure to test it on a different device to eliminate any device issue. 

Hmmm... Why are calls being dropped at all? People got calls to make and some are likely lengthy.

I was actually on the phone a few nights ago for about an hour with a friend and the call dropped, since my friend was using Fongo I assumed that it might have been on his end since I know Fongo to also drop calls around the 1 hour mark.

I know your not a mod, you're a customer, so my irritance is not with you it is with the service. I don't tend to make calls very much and when I do they also tend to be less than 5 minutes - 10 if super lucky. However, I can understand that for others they make lengthy calls and it's not very suitable to pay for a service that drops calls - especially when its the service's duty to be able to do that very function.

(Dropped calls occur on cellular technology, no doubt, but it should not be a consistant or on-going thing...)

It's kinda disappointing to think that maybe the service is shotty given what customers pay.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Need Help? Let's chat.