cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Dropped Calls

My wife and I are having issues with our service.    We have both been on calls the last few days that have been over an hour and our calls are being disconnected automatically.   In my call I called back the other party and they were unable to hear me.  Really frustrating since my wife was on hold with her financial institution for an hour and when it was her turn her call ended.

Oracle

Re: Dropped Calls

@dmbcanada Normally, calls are dropped near the 2 hours mark i believe. I suggest you to gather as much info as you can to make a case for this issue so you can report to them. Be sure to test it on a different device to eliminate any device issue. 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

@NDesai wrote:

@dmbcanada Normally, calls are dropped near the 2 hours mark i believe. I suggest you to gather as much info as you can to make a case for this issue so you can report to them. Be sure to test it on a different device to eliminate any device issue. 

Hmmm... Why are calls being dropped at all? People got calls to make and some are likely lengthy.

I was actually on the phone a few nights ago for about an hour with a friend and the call dropped, since my friend was using Fongo I assumed that it might have been on his end since I know Fongo to also drop calls around the 1 hour mark.

I know your not a mod, you're a customer, so my irritance is not with you it is with the service. I don't tend to make calls very much and when I do they also tend to be less than 5 minutes - 10 if super lucky. However, I can understand that for others they make lengthy calls and it's not very suitable to pay for a service that drops calls - especially when its the service's duty to be able to do that very function.

(Dropped calls occur on cellular technology, no doubt, but it should not be a consistant or on-going thing...)

It's kinda disappointing to think that maybe the service is shotty given what customers pay.

Mayor / Maire

@Berry23 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

Hmmm... Why are calls being dropped at all? People got calls to make and some are likely lengthy.

I was actually on the phone a few nights ago for about an hour with a friend and the call dropped, since my friend was using Fongo I assumed that it might have been on his end since I know Fongo to also drop calls around the 1 hour mark.

I know your not a mod, you're a customer, so my irritance is not with you it is with the service. I don't tend to make calls very much and when I do they also tend to be less than 5 minutes - 10 if super lucky. However, I can understand that for others they make lengthy calls and it's not very suitable to pay for a service that drops calls - especially when its the service's duty to be able to do that very function.

(Dropped calls occur on cellular technology, no doubt, but it should not be a consistant or on-going thing...)

It's kinda disappointing to think that maybe the service is shotty given what customers pay.

Some carriers do call limits per calls for unlimited calling plans. They say it's because unlimited doesn't mean 24/7.

Mayor / Maire

@Berry23 wrote:

Sounds like B.S. to me. 2 hours is a far cry from 24 hours, and 1 hour most certainly is also.

Suppose someone in on a call with the CRA, their internet/TV provider, or some other person or organization that requires a subscriber to be on the line for several hours because maybe they are on hold? In fact, prime example, credit card companies love putting you on hold... You would most certainly need more than an hour to talk to your credit card company especially if later in the day when most folks are home.

I can understand if someone was on the phone for 4-6 hours or even longer... but really? Who does that? I can't imagine the majority do. If you pay for something, you should get exactly what you pay.

Freedom does it at 2 hours for everyone.  

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@Berry23 wrote:

Sounds like B.S. to me. 2 hours is a far cry from 24 hours, and 1 hour most certainly is also.

Suppose someone in on a call with the CRA, their internet/TV provider, or some other person or organization that requires a subscriber to be on the line for several hours because maybe they are on hold? In fact, prime example, credit card companies love putting you on hold... You would most certainly need more than an hour to talk to your credit card company especially if later in the day when most folks are home.

I can understand if someone was on the phone for 4-6 hours or even longer... but really? Who does that? I can't imagine the majority do. If you pay for something, you should get exactly what you pay.

Freedom does it at 2 hours for everyone.  

(SIGH)

@NDesai thanks I have contacted the mods about this.   Has been happening since Sunday on both my wife's phone and mine, could be tower overload since the university students are back in town.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've had the same problem with my calls dropping, and alot of the time its when i call the person first. Maybe have them call you and see if that makes a difference?

@casualcat wrote:

I've had the same problem with my calls dropping, and alot of the time its when i call the person first. Maybe have them call you and see if that makes a difference?

It hasn't for me. I had someone call me a few nights ago and it dropped after an hour.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@casualcat wrote:

I've had incoming and outgoing calls drop. So has my wife. As recently as yesterday, an outgoing call dropped at the 9 minute mark (!!!). Most dropped calls are 50+ minutes, though. Still, not acceptable.

This is a network side issue. Finally got engineering to escalate my case and apparently there's a fix in the works with no ETA. At least no one's suggesting it's something I'm doing now. Yay.