cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't buy maxwest phones such as nitro4x and ssr!!!

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just wanted to let people know that they have manufacture defect that make it not detect sim cards - tried koodoo and Public sims in it, but just assume others don't work either. It says no sim card instead of invalid sim etc, when there is a sim card in it.

Bought it at London Drugs on black friday, and the nice electronics manager at the Calgary heritage location replaced my crappy maxwest phone for a better phone which was awesome since I got a more expensive phone for all my troubles. The assistant store managers at the westhills location didn't even care to try to do anything for me exept refund my money, which made me feel unvalued as a consumer.

Anyways, the Public phone checking tool says the maxwest phones work on Public network, but because of this manufactures defect all sims don't work.

9 REPLIES 9

@nobrainleft  That's awesome hopefully the newer version of this phone was updated to avoid the software problem experienced by @TheGx. Keep us updated on the performance of your phone.

nobrainleft
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just bought a Maxwell Uno M6 3G (was looking for a 'dumb' phone) and it's working fine with PM.

@TheGx  Wow thanks for the heads up. I almost bought that phone to use as a back up (in between) for the recipient of a brand new smartphone under the tree. Went with the rca model instead....at $40 I can't get upset even if it gets stolen, broken or lost. Other than the lack of memory which is easily solved with a memory card it actually not a bad phone. There's a couple of apps that won't quite work...but nothing you can't live without. I'm glad I cheaped out and am happy to have a functional back up smartphone.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ed404 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

It's not the refund itself that would be an issue. If a store's first response to any issue, especially if they don't give you any choice, or if there are no alternatives given other than to issue a refund, that is a problem. A refund in that manner is the same as the company telling the customer to buy elsewhere.

Personally, if a store offers a painless refund without restocking fees it's a win for me.

Personally, I have higher standards than allowing stores to waste my time, that's why I escaleted this issue and will continue to escalate it - so that London Drugs can consider if they want their customers to feel valued or not, doing this will also help future customers of London Drugs as well, being able to help future customers is a win for me.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 wrote:

It's not the refund itself that would be an issue. If a store's first response to any issue, especially if they don't give you any choice, or if there are no alternatives given other than to issue a refund, that is a problem. A refund in that manner is the same as the company telling the customer to buy elsewhere.

Personally, if a store offers a painless refund without restocking fees it's a win for me.

@Ed404 wrote:

@TheGx wrote:

The assistant store managers at the westhills location didn't even care to try to do anything for me exept refund my money, which made me feel unvalued as a consumer.

Why would a refund make you feel unvalued as a customer?

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@TheGx wrote:

The assistant store managers at the westhills location didn't even care to try to do anything for me exept refund my money, which made me feel unvalued as a consumer.

Why would a refund make you feel unvalued as a customer?

Kevburd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a maxwest phone at London drugs last year. The top of the line. I couldn't even get it to log on to the London drugs website to find out how to do warranty. When I took it back the next day the cashier told me that they shouldn't sell them and that they were going to start refusing returns at the store and they would tell you to send it to the manufacturer. Long story short. Don't BuyMax West Devices unless you are promised that you can return them ( you will be ) were you bought them

Need Help? Let's chat.