cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the moderator team actually read the tickets?

Parsons
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sent a Koodo phone and from Public Mobile  when  purchased online.  First phone was already wiped and ready for use.  Seems this one is wrong!

23 REPLIES 23

Parsons

Thanks for the suggestions. Still unsure what direction I want to go but to receive a product with no support isn't one I'll likely pick again!

@LurganIeUk 

There is a reason I buy a lot of stuff from crappy tire.....their refund/exchange policy!: Unfortunately the only cell phone they have ever sold is the rca model. It survived a surprisingly long time in the bf's hands but it just went black one day and I had bought it at london drugs. They wouldn't even troubleshoot it because of a tiny chip on the bevel and blamed the chip for the phone going kaput.

But hey it filled a need for almost 5 months and I only paid $40 for it.😃

@darlicious  Great information. 

Over the years I have purchased refurbished products from Sears, London Drugs and a Liquidation Warehouse. We have now established a house hold policy to NOT purchase refurbished products as you are most likely buying the problem that some one else had and very unlikely was the problem resolved. And often the mark down is not significant enough to take the risk. BEWARE!

Edit: The only company that did not reneg on making it right....was Sears.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Parsons 

Here are a few devices on the market you may want to consider for purchase.....

This is an open box samsung galaxy A31 dual sim phone. I have a 2017 A320 that has held up well but with it being only 16GB storage is an issue. This one having 64GB will be fine for several years to come. @Anonymous has the international version if you have any questions about this model.

https://swiftronics.ca/collections/certified-preowned/products/open-box-samsung-galaxy-a31-4gb-ram-64gb-128gb-dual-sim-factory-unlocked?variant=32052994146419

And a few other deals on phones from swiftronics....

https://swiftronics.ca/collections/certified-preowned/products/open-box-huawei-p40-lite-jny-lx1-6gb-ram-128gb-storage-no-google-services-pre-loaded?variant=39323601305715

https://swiftronics.ca/collections/smartphones/products/copy-of-samsung-galaxy-a31-4gb-ram-128gb-factory-unlocked?variant=31833285361779

From B&H in the US that I have ordered a few phones from so I am very happy with their customer service and for $1 they will handle customs, duties and taxes for you adding between 12% and 15% to the price. The US$ exchange rate is about $1.24 cdn.

The google pixel 2XL while older it will upgrade to Android 11 has a fantastic camera that still beats most on the market and has plenty of storage at 128gb but will not recieve any more software updates. All in it should come in at about $200 cdn ( US$139).

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1442816-REG/google_ga00137_us_pixel_2_xl_128gb.html

I bought this moto g7+ that I am quite happy with but wait for it to go on sale....I paid US$119.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1595563-REG/moto_pafv0001us_moto_g7_plus_64gb.html

Check out factory direct's flyer this week they have a variety of new and refurbished devices. between $100 - $200 including samsung galaxy A5, moto g play and power and iPhones

@Parsons 

Is the Koodo app the reason you're returning it or it because it wasn't factory reset properly before being sent to you? There being a Koodo app on the device isn't a defect, but of course, you're definitely able to return the device under the standard return policy.

Parsons

The Moto E is the first one and I was looking for something a little bit better. It's already wiped and in the box. Just waiting for the return information. Not willing to waste anymore time on it. 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Parsons 

At this point, I would suggest one of two things:

1. Return the phone - use the email @softech provided (device.return@publicmobile.ca)
  2. Reset the phone - if you're okay with the phone and want it wiped to "factory clean", you can do it pretty easily...

To reset your phone, there are instructions online.  A quick Google search found these for you for the Moto E:

Parsons

If it's a link then it was already done. Wherever my Moto E came from must have been wiped properly prior to me. Not tech savvy nor should that be a prerequisite for cell phone ownership.

@Parsons wrote:

Exactly as I said. Koodo app on second phone and told by moderator to call them! Phone came from Public Mobile and it clearly states their phones are from Koodo and Telus returns. My Moto E was ready to go with a little work and has the Public Mobile app installed.

Is there anything wrong with the device?  These devices are in fact Telus and Koodo customer returned or possibly warranty repaired units. There can be a Koodo app insstalled, but that's simply because that's the software that's installed on it. As for there being a Public Mobile app, there has never been an app released by this carrier braand. 

if you are returning and not asking for exchange, just email the device return email .

Be aware that you might receive the reply from a Gmail  account:

Solved: Messages originating outside of Telus - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Parsons

Apparently not this time and Simon is a poorly done program if that's where the confusion is starting.

Parsons

Exactly as I said. Koodo app on second phone and told by moderator to call them! Phone came from Public Mobile and it clearly states their phones are from Koodo and Telus returns. My Moto E was ready to go with a little work and has the Public Mobile app installed.

BlueB

@Parsons 

Sounds like to me that there could be some miscommunication/misunderstanding with the Moderator.  They may be thinking about something different than what you were telling them.  I really like @softech's suggestion of reaching out to their Returns people directly.

If you want to pursue the Moderator route, I'd start over again because they might have been going down the wrong path now.

Goodluck, would love to hear how this ends.  🙂

@Parsons wrote:

Through messaging on here. Sent a great deal of details about the situation and was told to contact Koodo about their phone. It was purchased from Public Mobile and as in their description all the phones are returned items from Telus and Koodo. The Moto E I have is from them and came with a Public Mobile app installed. Further to this the one I received today had a record of use on it. I'm not sure how normal that is.

Public Mobile App?  there is no app for Public Mobile.   (or maybe just an web browser icon to Public Mobile site i guess)

record of use on it?  how much it was used?  it's a Certified Preowned, but maybe they forgot to wipe clean the phone?

Honest, I don't think PM has a very good deal on preowned phone.  I guess it might make sense if you are buying iPhone (as the price never drop and you don't really have "alternatives") .  For Android, there are actually better deal out there.   With the price you paid, you might get a lower end phone , but you get a brand new phone with 2 years of decent software support.  

If you decide to return it, I think you don't need to call Koodo, just send an email to device.return@publicmobile.ca.

@Parsons wrote:

Through messaging on here. Sent a great deal of details about the situation and was told to contact Koodo about their phone. It was purchased from Public Mobile and as in their description all the phones are returned items from Telus and Koodo. The Moto E I have is from them and came with a Public Mobile app installed. Further to this the one I received today had a record of use on it. I'm not sure how normal that is.

Then it's PM's problem. You could Private Message some one (not retired though) with the PM designation if you are getting no where. 

Parsons

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Parsons 

I have had some " what the heck are they talking about moments, and they are not getting it experiences with Moderators".

Think if it this way, they are the Tier 1 front lines of customer  service. If you are not happy with their response submit another ticket or ask to speak to their supervisor.  

This is common with many customer service avenues.

If there is an issue with a phone you purchased,  you have every right to express  this.

@Parsons wrote:

I've been over a hour with a moderator already and it seems like it's going to be my problem! Almost like  they  don't speak English. I think I would have a hard time  referring  someone with service like this. 

You are speaking to a MOD? You cannot verbally speak with one. If you are....you are not talking to PM. Or are you in private messaging with one? They are usually pretty good although the last one I had must have been a trainee...and was no help. I had to request again hoping I would get another MOD. 

At times the first input for a MOD can be only a topic (and no detail) and you cannot get into details until the private messaging back and forth gets going. 

If the phone was unlocked, Telus, Koodo, or PM....it will work on PM. 

BlueB

@Parsons 

Don't give up!  If it's the wrong phone, I'm pretty sure they'll get it corrected.  They're busy with different things, between tickets, account issues/requests, and other things.  In my experience, they've always gotten back to me.  🙂  Since "Phones" aren't account related, it may take them a little longer to investigate and get back to you.

As for the wrong phone(?) - you have 30 days for a refund/exchange.  For details, you can see: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/certified-pre-owned-phones

To answer your question, sometimes the Moderator_Team will read these Community posts, but in my experience, they ALWAYS read the tickets that were submitted through the SIMon chatbot.

Depending on the nature of your issue, it takes anywhere from a few minutes to a couple days to investigate and get back to you.  According to their Get Help page, their hours are:

Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Parsons wrote:

Sent a Koodo phone and from Public Mobile  when  purchased online.  First phone was already wiped and ready for use.  Seems this one is wrong!

what do you mean by "sent a Koodo phone and from Public Mobile"?  you got a CPO phone from PM?  it's possible PM sent you a phone that was used on Koodo before, they both owned by Telus.

You mentioned "First phone was already wiped and ready for use.  Seems this one is wrong!" , what you mean by that , too?

Parsons

I've been over a hour with a moderator already and it seems like it's going to be my problem! Almost like  they  don't speak English. I think I would have a hard time  referring  someone with service like this. 

eddiehuang33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try sending a private message to one of the moderators they may be able to help better this way for sure

Need Help? Let's chat.