cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the iPhone 11 work on PM?

lukey02
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey! Just wondering if anyone has tried the iPhone 11 on PM? Thinking of upgrading. I saw that it was causing someone problems and just wondering if anyone has it and how it's working on PM.

Thanks in advance!!

12 REPLIES 12

@CareBear109 wrote:

I just activated my PM sim in a brand new Iphone 11, it took just over two hours to activate but everything is working.

Welcome to PM!

If you have any questions just ask the community. 

CareBear109
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated my PM sim in a brand new Iphone 11, it took just over two hours to activate but everything is working.

Joe_Lau

As long as your phone is unlocked, it should work on Public Mobile. 

Phones sold in Canada now all come unlocked, unless it is from a Corporate plan and not a consumer plan. 

If you are buying from Apple store, then for sure it is unlocked. 

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dna2016 wrote:

@lukey02 PM uses the same network as Telus, so essentially if it works for Telus then it should work no problem for PM.  Would definitely suck if it didn't.  

eSims work on Telus, however they don't on Public Mobile.

ecashmore

If you're calling on wifi then that has nothing to do with Public unless you mean calling over the internet using data. 

Kelvin87

Hi,

Yup it will work for the Physical Public mobile sim card.
But the E-sim doesnt.
You'll have to register your E sim with the big 3 if you want to utilize a seperate number for calling or data.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lukey02 PM uses the same network as Telus, so essentially if it works for Telus then it should work no problem for PM.  Would definitely suck if it didn't.  

hss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The only issue I can see is the Wi-fi calling not working. Rest all should be good. 

cwurban97

I just recently upgraded to the iPhone 11, and it works just fine. 

Popped the SIM card out of my old phone, into the new one, everything works as it should. 

alexpitt416

Yes I believe it does.

@lukey02 

iPhone 11 and the newer iphones all work with Public mobile.  Public mobile does not support some of the more advanced features of iphones like eSim, etc.  But, for calling, texting and data, it should be fine.

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes it will I have not heard of any issues with Iphone 11's scroll down to the bottom and click check your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.