cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does public mobile offer tethering?

Veger2001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does public mobile offer tethering? I want to be able to enable wifi so I can share the internet with my tablets on the road.

9 REPLIES 9

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@Martin, great advice actually. Make sure you APN for tethering is setup properly.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Have you entered DUN (dial-up networking) in your APN settings to enable tethering?

DK

Screenshot_2015-02-14-20-12-51.png

DK
Have you gone into the tethering section of your settings. It uses the wifi antenna but it will shut down receiving and just broadcast. Also see I'd the Bluetooth works.

DK
Do you have a different device to try and connect with the phone other than the one you are trying to use.

Do you know what I mean?

Try multiple devices when tethering from the Motorola G.

Veger2001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the Moto G. I tried enableing the WIFI and it deos broadcast but it does not establish a connection.

DK
Funny how Telus devices were the only one that stopped selling the Z3. Rogers and Bell carried on with sales.

DK
It's available on wifes i5S now that the APN settings are available for carrier settings 18.2 on iOS 8.1.3.

Not sure what device you are using but iPhones were the only one that had an issue with editing the APN.

benwarez

On devices that support tethering only, PM does not block tethering on devices, however it may be diseabled on Sony Xperia Z3 Mobile phones

Need Help? Let's chat.