cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does changing Sim Cards reset the Loyalty program?

enivek
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello there, I have a new phone as my old phone is rather dated. The issue is that the new phone, which was gifted to me, takes the nano sim card, where my sim is a micro sim.  I'm concerned that if I order a new sim card it will cause my loyalty bonus to disappear.

Will that be the case just because I switched sim cards?

Thank you in advance.

9 REPLIES 9

enivek

Oh, smart idea, taking a screen shot to save for future.  Thanks for the idea. 

@enivek wrote:

I'm sure, it's actually the first generation of Sim cards issued from public Mobile after Telus acquisition of the company.

I already had one hickup with loyalty issues due to the Sim card issues, hence my concerns.

If you do have any issues with your loyalty rewards when you switch sim cards contact a moderator and they will be able to assist you.

enivek

Thanks, sadly I had the first generation, which didn't offer the adjustable sizing. 

Thank you for your advice and picture to make things easier. 

@enivek wrote:

I'm sure, it's actually the first generation of Sim cards issued from public Mobile after Telus acquisition of the company.

I already had one hickup with loyalty issues due to the Sim card issues, hence my concerns.

@enivek The good news is that PM will make good any hiccups (take a screenshot of your rewards etc before switching). As I said earlier, super easy to trim that sim to a nano size.

enivek

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@enivek wrote:

Hello there, I have a new phone as my old phone is rather dated. The issue is that the new phone, which was gifted to me, takes the nano sim card, where my sim is a micro sim.  I'm concerned that if I order a new sim card it will cause my loyalty bonus to disappear.

Thank you in advance.

@enivek If you have determined that you do not have a punch out on the sim card, google "cut micro sim to nano sim". Very easy to do, hard to screw it up. If you do manage to mess it up, no big deal, you were going to order a new sim anyways right? I've done this a few times with no issues.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@enivek  If you can't punch out your current sim and purchased a new sim then simply access your online selfserve account and select the change sim card option located below your profile info on the first page.

Enter the new sim card number and restart your phone and that's it. All your rewards add-ons etc will not be affected.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@enivek wrote:

Thank you in advance.

No, changing SIM cards will not cause you to lose any loyalty rewards.

Look at your card, you should be able to punch out to nano size.

144EF3A5-FF95-4059-95F7-C8FCBA06C5E2.png

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

No switching sims does not affect loyalty.

Are you sure your current sim is not a triple punch sim?

Need Help? Let's chat.