Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone use BLU Studio Energy 2?

deyneko1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I thinking to buy a new phone.

I need:

1. Price around 200 CAD or less (better).
  2. Android OS
  3. As less as possible of bugs, glitches or errors.
  4. So, I need good work as VOIP too (Zoiper, CSipSimple).
  5. "Socket addiction" - as less as possible.
  6. Very good and sensetive GPS (like in Samsung S3).
  7. And of course full compatible with PM

I will not use it for games.

I found BLU Studio Energy 2 here or here

But unfortunately I found some negative experiences about this phone like screen stopped to work, too fragile, too slow...

May be someone use it?

10 REPLIES 10

deyneko1

@Ngoal Thank you very much for sharing your personal experience. I see that more and more people (not only at this forum) say compliments toward Moto G (2nd and 3rd gen).

Asus Zenphone it is also really big for me (as I said my son has it and enjoy it). Actually my son reset it time to time too... I remember that couple days after he joined to PM we walked with him near home and he had not PM's network (!) and we thought it is true. But he rest his phone for other reasons and it is OK with PM's network.

deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@deyneko1 wrote:

Hi,

I thinking to buy a new phone.

I need:

1. Price around 200 CAD or less (better).
  2. Android OS
  3. As less as possible of bugs, glitches or errors.
  4. So, I need good work as VOIP too (Zoiper, CSipSimple).
  5. "Socket addiction" - as less as possible.
  6. Very good and sensetive GPS (like in Samsung S3).
  7. And of course full compatible with PM

I will not use it for games.

I found BLU Studio Energy 2 here or here

But unfortunately I found some negative experiences about this phone like screen stopped to work, too fragile, too slow...

May be someone use it?

@deyneko1, that's a really low budget, you can of course try the Blu Studio Energy 2 but BLU is a new company with an unproven Android update record. The 5000 mAh battery is definitely an eye catcher but Mediatek processors aren't known to be great performers.

Other options that may work for you include:

1. Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 (4.7")
    http://www.alcatelonetouch.ca/catalog/product/view/id/156/s/alcatel-onetouch-idoltm-3-4-7-smartphone...
  2. Moto G
    http://www.staples.ca/en/Motorola-XT1064-MOTO-G-2nd-Generation-Smartphone-8GB-Unlocked/product_13600...
  3. ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser (above your price range but you get a better phone out of it)
    http://www.staples.ca/en/Asus-ZE551KL-15-3G16GN-SR-Zenfone2-Laser-GSM-Phone-5-5-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-...

I know you said you wanted Android but for a great low budget experience, Windows Phone devices generally fare better:

1. Microsoft Lumia 550
    http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/Microsoft-Lumia-550--Unlocked/productID.332451100

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

deltatux

Ngoal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
GPS works excellent on my studio c

Ngoal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Batteries huge on the energy 2. 5000mah. The quad core media tech processor is usable but a bit slow. I have the same processor in my studio c with a 3000 mah battery. I get a day and a half of power out of it with normal use. You should get 2 days on a energy 2./ I've also hard.to hard reset it 5 times in 4 months, no big deal and acceptable given the outstanding price.

You could also get a moto e for $100 locked to telus but works on public. Moto GS I believe go for about 200. Asus zenphone are also supposed to be good but will be a bit above budget

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@deyneko1 wrote:

@7789849803 My son has Asus Zenphone 2. Yes it can work about 30h with "intemediate" calling. But price in Staples 379 CAD (or I missed something?)!!! But I asked around 200 CAD, just see my first message.

@deyneko1 there's a newer version, the ZenFone 2 Laser, that's $269.  I forget all the differences, but it adds laser-assistaed focusing to the camera, and I believe swaps out the Intel chip on the ZenFone 2 to a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615.  Most reviews say the Laser is as good or better than the original for most uses, IIRC.  http://www.staples.ca/en/Asus-ZE551KL-15-3G16GN-SR-Zenfone2-Laser-GSM-Phone-5-5-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@deyneko1 Have you read this http://www.androidauthority.com/cheap-android-phones-269520/ ?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@deyneko1 They were previously running a special that another community member had mentioned on a previous thread. I guess the special must have expired by now. Either way, my sincerest apologies to have brought up a product outside of your clearly stated budget.

deyneko1

@makkahn28  Samsung Grand Prime = 1/2 Samsung S3 Smiley Wink I.e. it has half all perfomance of S3 in all functions and I wouldn't say it is cheap... About Moto G 3rd Gen: Internal Lithium-Ion Providing up to 24 Hours per Charge (2470.0 mAh). So it is like standard (please see my first message - point 5).

@7789849803 My son has Asus Zenphone 2. Yes it can work about 30h with "intemediate" calling. But price in Staples 379 CAD (or I missed something?)!!! But I asked around 200 CAD, just see my first message.

Mayor / Maire

How about the Asus Zenphone 2 that was for sale recently at Staples? You'll find a couple threads about it on the community, if you search for it. It has excellent specs and reviews, and costs around $250 or so new.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. I never used that brand, but from what I heard, kinda mixed reviews.

Phones, like art, are subjective, so one may love it, others may nay it.

All I can do is suggest that before you buy, do your own diligence, research phones extensively, weigh in specs, fees, and what matters to you, only you can make that choice.

Now, I know that Wal-mart is selling Moto G 3rd Gen and Samsung Grand Prime for Telus and possibly Koodo prepaid packages.

Need Help? Let's chat.