cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does any of the ZTE Blade model cellphones work with Micro SIM card?

Angelic_Fille90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey guys, hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy late December holidays in advance along with new and BETTER things in the upcoming year! 

My question is regarding the multi SIM cards that Public Mobile gave away for free a couple years ago. (I actually own more than one myself. 😄) I know that it's the triple size all in one SIM card.

I have a ZTE Blade phone and that takes micro SIM cards. 

My question is this: Can a ZTE Blade of any model work with a Public Mobile micro SIM card?

20 REPLIES 20

goutham217
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Use the activate button on top of the public mobile web page and insert your sim card number.

Then follow the steps mentioned on the page.

Fill all requested details to obtain a new number and plan. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Angelic_Fille90 : If you have an account here either active or suspended then you can change your plan and change your number in the self-serve.

goutham217

Hope this helps - 

If you have not paid for pm services for more than 90 days your account is cancelled and deactivated. You will have to buy a new sim card and activate again.

If you want to ensure you have a number that is portable to Public Mobile confirm with the Moderators 

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Angelic_Fille90

@Anonymous 

I want a new plan and number.

@Angelic_Fille90 wrote:

@softech 

Yes, it's the ZTE Blade A3 L 

@Angelic_Fille90  yes, ZTE site also says this phone works on Telus and Koodo.. so, it will work here

Blade A3 L - ZTE Canada

and no worry about the SIM.... you got a tri-cut SIM, it will work

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Angelic_Fille90 : You don't have to "model" to check for fit when you know the size. That phone is nano. Snap out just down to the gold contacts. If you currently have micro size then one edge of that frame is quite thin. So try to snap out the opposite side that has more "meat". But the nano is just the gold.

Edit: old news now. Great news. Turn off cell data and connect to wifi and do any and all updates.

What do you mean activate? Do you currently have an account here?

@Angelic_Fille90 

Years ago, folks used to manually cut down standard sizes to get to smaller sizes when SIM slot sizes got smaller. 

Thank gosh they finally got smarter about the SIM.

Angelic_Fille90

Great news everyone!

The nano SIM works with my ZTE z3352ca aka the Blade A3 L! 

Should I activate it now or shut off the phone for one minute to let the activate of current or new phone number happen?

Angelic_Fille90

@Anonymous  I never thought modeling multi SIM card sizes to fit like puzzle pieces was even possible. 

goutham217

Hey there,

ZTE z3352ca - your phone supports dual stand by where both the sim slots are Nano sim. you cannot insert a micro sim. 

https://www.gsmarena.com/zte_blade_a3_(2019)-9713.php 

Hope the above link is the phone that you have on hand. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Angelic_Fille90 : really...it's not difficult. Carefully snap or push the smaller size out of the larger size. Use some magnification to see the seams. The gold contacts piece are the smallest nano size.

Keep the parts for future considerations. (I'm a packrat 🙂 )

Angelic_Fille90

@softech 

Yes, it's the ZTE Blade A3 L 

@Angelic_Fille90 wrote:

My cellphone is this model: ZTE z3352ca 

@Angelic_Fille90   is this your Blade ?  Blade A3L?

It is a phone also sold on Bel Mobility: 

ZTE Blade A3 L | Bell Mobility | Bell Canada

Since PM (and Telus) shares network with Bell, this phone should work on PM without issue

Angelic_Fille90

@HALIMACS 

Is their a video on how to change the sizes of each SIM card from standard to nano?

@Angelic_Fille90 

The device appears to take a nano SIM card.

If the micro SIM card is too big, snap out the outer adapter to make it nano SIM size. 

@Angelic_Fille90 wrote:

@Angelic_Fille90  to make sure, do you know someone with a Public Mobile account that you test their SIM into your phone and see if calling, texting, data works?

Angelic_Fille90

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Angelic_Fille90 : It doesn't look like that device is compatible here. Sure it could take the SIM. But the frequencies won't work here.

Edit: If it's a really old phone. Model number below answers.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Angelic_Fille90 wrote:

Hey guys, hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy late December holidays in advance along with new and BETTER things in the upcoming year! 

My question is regarding the multi SIM cards that Public Mobile gave away for free a couple years ago. (I actually own more than one myself. 😄) I know that it's the triple size all in one SIM card.

My question is this: Can a ZTE Blade of any model work with a Public Mobile micro SIM card?

@Angelic_Fille90 

What model of ZTE Blade are you using?

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

Always good to check whether a phone will work with any provider, especially Public Mobile. Use more than one source to be sure.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA

https://willmyphonework.net

• 3G or WCDMA 2 and 5 bands  makes the phone compatible, which is needed for phone calls, and can also be used for text messaging and data.
  • LTE can be used for text messaging and data.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Angelic_Fille90 wrote:

@Angelic_Fille90 

As long as the device slot is designed for micro sized SIM cards, and the device is compatible with PM's service, then the device and SIM will work.

Basically, if the device is manufactured for use in the North American market, you're good to go.

Here's what they look like, FYI:

HALIMACS_0-1638059372228.png

HALIMACS_1-1638059388195.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.