cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Nexus 6 work?

black_jacques
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anyone know if Nexus 6 will work on Public Mobile? My IMEI was not found from their website's BYOD page.

8 REPLIES 8

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thanks @imm1304 for providing insights. I believe your assumption is right on where the OP couldn't login to the Shopify account.

@black_jacques - You should be receiving your SIM within 7 business days from the day you place an order. You will only need to login to your Shopify account if you require additional SIM card in future. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @black_jacques,

Just in case you thought you had created a public mobile account, the account you created to order a sim card is a my shopify account... its only used for ordering sim cards.

Once you get your new sim in mail, head back to the activate.publicmobile.ca page and set up a new self-serve account.  That would be the main account you would reach by clicking on "My Account" link from the top of any page on publicmobile website.  Thats where you manage payment options, plans, view usage etc etc.

So, in total, you will have 3 accounts eventually.  Shopify, Community and Self-serve.  

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @black_jacques, all Nexus are unlocked from carrier in North America.  The recent models from Nexus 5 onwards supports all 3G carriers in Canada, and definitely Nexus 6 or Nexus 5X or Nexus 5P will be supported including LTE.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

As you probably noticed on the website, Public Mobile is in Beta, which is synonymous with glitches. The Community Managers and others are working hard to eliminate all of them. Only then will Public Mobile not be in Beta any longer. Due to the glitches, something that works at this moment may not work an hour or a day from now. The converse is also true.

FYI.

deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@black_jacques wrote:

Does anyone know if Nexus 6 will work on Public Mobile? My IMEI was not found from their website's BYOD page.

@black_jacques, yes, the original Nexus 6 and the Nexus 6P both work on Public Mobile as they are compatible with every GSM-based carrier in Canada.

black_jacques
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My Nexus 6 is unlocked from any carrier, using it on Rogers right now.

Funny you should mention, I did create a new account to order my SIM. I was just about to write a message in the Getting Started forum:

"I registered for a SIM to be delivered using my email yesterday. I wrote down the password. I received two email notifications, one for the account registration and another for the order confirmation.

However, when I try to log back in using my password, it fails: "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again."

When I select: "Forgot your password?", I get to the page to verify my email, I get: "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address."

This is baffling because I received two email notifications from PM already.

Anyone know what's up? Thanks."

Curious, do you currently have a PM account?

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

HI. If Nxs6 was from Telus/Koodo, 100% Yes. No need to Unlock, Just APN, and that's all you need to do for Data stuff

Need Help? Let's chat.