cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we really need to configure APN for PM data?

GGPlayer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a A70 phone and the data seems to work right out of box. Nothing is configured.

10 REPLIES 10

Summersideguy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I also have a Samsung A70 and it just worked as soon as I put in my sim card.  No changes needed 

Canlan54a
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Possibly because your phone's apn setting is set to auto-detect?

madhi19
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@GGPlayer wrote:

I have a A70 phone and the data seems to work right out of box. Nothing is configured.

My mi a2 worked right out of the box when they added that 1GB. YMMV I guess.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@GGPlayer wrote:

Mostly current phones might don't need to do this manually I guess.

Please don't mark your own posts as solutions. Solutions are one way to thank others for helping any may affect Community reward amounts.

I guess to some members it is a matter of you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.  You give me a solutions but I still have to decide to implement it.  Credit goes to???  Smiley Tongue

@kelvarnsen wrote:

I think it depends on the brand. I bought a Umidigi F1 last week and had to adjust the APN settings.

It sure does.  The oem may not provide a full set of APNs in their rom.  It is sad because it is not hard to do.  There is even an open source version in github. 

@GGPlayer wrote:

Please don't mark your own posts as solutions. Solutions are one way to thank others for helping any may affect Community reward amounts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GGPlayer wrote:

Asked and answered and solution'd...hmm...a little frown going on here.

@GGPlayer wrote:

This is dependent on your device software. There is no blanket answer. Some phone will have the settings programmed by in the device system software, while others will not.

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think it depends on the brand. I bought a Umidigi F1 last week and had to adjust the APN settings.

GGPlayer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Need Help? Let's chat.