cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Compatibility - Note 9

e11en
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does Samsung Galaxy Note 9 work with Public Mobile?  Does it depend on the model, or all models under Note 9 work? Note 9 isn't under Check Your Phone device compatibility list.

19 REPLIES 19

imranhaf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

Yes this model works with public mobile, phone must be unlocked or locked to Telus/Koodo.

EW433
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Purchased an add on and confirmed data works as well. PM give me discount now, I'm useful.

EW433

Can confirm SM N960U talk and text works. Need to wait a few days for my data to reset to confirm that.

Thanks again everyone.

@EW433 wrote:

I'll just buy it and report back. Worst case I resell it.

I strongly advise on proceeding in that manner. If a phone doesn't have UMTS 850 and 1900MHz that Public Mobile uses for voice, the reslate value of this device will be next to non-existent. While carriers such as Rogers, Koodo, Bell, etc. offer VoLTE, device comptability for that is also often limited. This pretty much means that UMTS 850 and 1900MHz are essentially a must for cell phone users in Canada.

EW433

I'll just buy it and report back. Worst case I resell it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EW433 wrote:

I dont understand this compatibility reference. Can someone please clearly spell out which models work with PM?

Thanks.

According to gsmarena it should work fine. Check Samsung too. You want 3G WCDMA UMTS etc = 850 1900 for voice. And 4G LTE = 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 12(700).

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@EW433 wrote:

Theres a cheap galaxy note 9 N960U on ebay. Would like to know if it will work before I buy it. Thanks for all the replys everyone.

According to the specs/notes on Ebay for a refurbished version of this, it is compatible with all the networks here except for Freedom, Chatr and Videotron.  Sounds like it should be good but I would wait to see if someone who already has that particular model replies first before buying it just in case there is something else to consider.

EW433

Theres a cheap galaxy note 9 N960U on ebay. Would like to know if it will work before I buy it. Thanks for all the replys everyone.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@EW433 wrote:

I dont understand this compatibility reference. Can someone please clearly spell out which models work with PM?

A better idea would be, if you have a Note 9, and are wondering if it's compatible or not, why not post which model you have, and maybe someone here will be able to tell you whether or not it'll work.

LOL - ninja'd by 12 seconds! 🙄 

Haha:)  Actually it doesn't matter as this is an old thread and the original OP never came back to update or mark their solution..

@EW433 wrote:

A better idea would be, if you have a Note 9, and are wondering if it's compatible or not, why not post which model you have, and maybe someone here will be able to tell you whether or not it'll work.

LOL - ninja'd by 12 seconds! 🙄 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@EW433 wrote:

Thanks.

Maybe post what kind of phone you have right now and someone here will most likely be able to let you know whether it's compatible with PM.  It must be unlocked and compatible with either Telus/Bell network.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@EW433 , try @Triguy suggested links https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/50for8GB-3Gspeed

@EW433 wrote:

Thanks.

EW433

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hycm53 wrote:

@e11en wrote:

DoesSamsungg Galaxy Note 9 work with Public Mobile?  Does it depend on the model, or all models under Note 9 work? Note 9 isn't under Check Your Phone device compatibility list.

According to this website, some works with PM:

httpss:/wwwwkimovill.com/en/frequency-checker/CAsamsungg-galaxy-note-9

@hycm53 

Nice reference find. Thanks for sharing.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@e11en wrote:

DoesSamsungg Galaxy Note 9 work with Public Mobile?  Does it depend on the model, or all models under Note 9 work? Note 9 isn't under Check Your Phone device compatibility list.

According to this website, some works with PM:

httpss:/wwwwkimovill.com/en/frequency-checker/CAsamsungg-galaxy-note-9

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@e11en wrote:

Does Samsung Galaxy Note 9 work with Public Mobile?  Does it depend on the model, or all models under Note 9 work? Note 9 isn't under Check Your Phone device compatibility list.

@e11en  If you bought it in Canada from an authorized retailer it will work. If you used the phone previously on any of the Major 3 Telcos or there sub brands then it will work. If it's an International version model Thein it will work. Otherwise check the bands to make sure it's supported.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Triguy wrote:

Check https://willmyphonework.net/.

I did already for the OP, didn't see it listed either....

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your phone bands.

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:
  • 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

GR
Mayor / Maire

It's probably too new to be on the list but if it's the Canadian model it will work for sure 

Need Help? Let's chat.