cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defective SIM

emma_m
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have been out of Canada and therefore switched my PM SIM out for my British one. My SIM is now not working, showing as 'no sim'. It is definitely not hardware or locked handset related. I think honestly I have damaged it myself by accident as it is a little crooked... Can I get a replacement and keep the same number, and how?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

emma_m
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I 'paused' my plan by taking off auto pay, but started paying again before the 90 days was up to make sure I could keep my account and phone number, so it shouldn't be that! I hope not, as I'm paying for my plan!

@emma_m wrote:

Hi,

I have been out of Canada and therefore switched my PM SIM out for my British one. My SIM is now not working, showing as 'no sim'. It is definitely not hardware or locked handset related. I think honestly I have damaged it myself by accident as it is a little crooked... Can I get a replacement and keep the same number, and how?

Thanks!

A replacement sim card can be purchased online from https://store.publicmobile.ca/products/triple-punch-sim-card and can be shipped to any address in Canada that you wish.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@emma_m wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

Hi @emma_m ,  Yes, you can get a new SIM with the same number, as long as your account was not suspended for more than 90 days (as @Dunkman posted).

On your SELF SERVE account, you can change the SIM number in your OVERVIEW, under My Profile

esjliv_0-1596590590569.png

@emma_m  if its been less than 90 days. Buy a replacement SIM and use the change sim option in your self service account.  Welcome back. Stay safe. 

20200723_093448.jpg

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If it's been less than three months you can get a new SIM card at one of the many stores that have them, or order on this website. Then you can do it yourself by switching the sim on your account.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@emma_m 

How long were you out of country?  If you account was suspended more than 90 days, your PM account is permanently closed and your phone number lost.  You will then need to buy a new SIM card and activate a new number.

Need Help? Let's chat.