cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

marjo13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been in the states for a couple weeks and i used a different simcard 

now i am back in Ontario and i changed my apn adress back to publicmobile. 

When i try to use data it keeps telling me ‘could not activate cellular data, you are not subscribed to a cellular data service. Eventough i have 500mb a month 

9 REPLIES 9

marjo13

I tried both! 

Very weird my data does not work since i am back in Canada 

i gues i have to see if my Phone is the issue? 

@marjo13 wrote:

So my $30 plan only has 500 Mb? 

But either way are you talking about the page when i log in shows overview not ‘self serve’ 

but yea i definitely have data i just something either in the data settings are wrong? Or public mobile is not allowing me data after having another sim card for a bit?

As to what your plan includes, you should look in your self serve account to find out how much has been allocated to you.  At one point, there was a plan that included 2GB of total data if you included the autopay bonus for $30, but that was a short-lived promotional plan. The most likely amount hat you $30 plan has is 1GB of data, whether it's the 1GB LTE data-only plan for $30 or the $30 plan that includes Canada-wide calling, international texting messagging and 1GB of 3g data (including autopay data bonus).

If you're on the $30 500+500MB 3g plan, I would tell the self serve system to set a plan change to the $25 plan for your next renewal.

@marjo13 

Did you try the network reset?  as suggested before.

You could also try the PM SIM card in another phone.  To help determine whether it is a hardware set up issue versus PM service problem.  

Double check the APN settings:

Name: Public Mobile

APN: sp.mb.com

Proxy: Leave blank

Port: Leave blank

Username: Leave blank

Password: Leave blank

Server: Leave blank

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

Authentication type: Leave blank

APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: GID

MVNO value: 4D4F

marjo13

So my $30 plan only has 500 Mb? 

But either way are you talking about the page when i log in shows overview not ‘self serve’ 

but yea i definitely have data i just something either in the data settings are wrong? Or public mobile is not allowing me data after having another sim card for a bit?

@marjo13 wrote:

I am om $30 plan 

yes my simcard is in i can call en text so yes its active too

@marjo13  The $30 plan should have 1.5 GB data. Access your selfserve account. Does the data counter show on the first page? If not, it means your data has been used up. If the data counter is showing then put you device in airplane mode wait 15 minutes and then turn off airplane mode.

@marjo13 

In your self service account, overview page, do you see the data counter tracker?  If not, that means you ran out of data.  

Could try to toggle airplane mode on, wait a few minutes, then off.  

marjo13

I am om $30 plan 

yes my simcard is in i can call en text so yes its active too

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@marjo13  You did reinsert your PM sim card in your devices right? Dial 611 from your phone is your account active? Maybe you have used up your data. Are you on the $25 plan?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@marjo13 

Maybe try reboot your phone.

Then try network reset.

Need Help? Let's chat.