cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data working but no voice service

Eagleman963
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Everyone,

I've found a couple of topics similar to this but can't seem to get a resolution for my issue.

I recently had my account suspended as I didn't have the proper plan selected for my renewal. I now have the proper plan setup and my data is now working again, but when I try to make a local phone call I get a message stating that I have no long distance plan... Also people can't call me, it goes directly to voicemail.

I've removed and re-inserted my SIM card 3-4 times with no change. Also did multiple reboots with no change. My carrier is showing up properly as Public Mobile and I have great signal strength. 

Can anyone tell me what I sholuld do next?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

See here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/LTE-network-fundamentals/m-p/134356#M5822...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/LTE-network-fundamentals/td-p/130581/page...

3G bands can do voice, text and data.

LTE bands can do text and data for now. No data on LTE until Public Mobile launches VoLTE.

Giuseppe1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That makes sense, so the phone probably supports the frequency used for data but not the one used for voice. 

Where can I find a listing of the frequency bands needed by Public Mobile, broken down by function? 

Thanks

@Giuseppe1, your phone may not support the required frequency bands for 3G, which are needed for voice calls.

Giuseppe1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same issue. I purchased a blackview 9000 phone, and am able to access data amd messaging, but no voice service.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Eagleman963,

everything has been resolved - please refer to my private message for more details 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Eagleman963
VoIP is a wonderful thing. But when you pay for voice service you expect it to work. Still waiting for @CS_Agent to reply to private messages. Is 24 hour wait time typical?

VoIP calls use very little data. At high codec rates, you'd be using approximately 80 kbps.

That's 600 kB per minute.
Lower codecs are even less.

Eagleman963

Yeah, but then I'm using up my data when I've already paid for voice service that isn't working. Thanks for the idea though.

In the mean time, you can use a VoIP service for calls until your plan calling starts to work! I recommend fongo or google hangouts!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Eagleman963, I would private message a mod.  In that message include your email, phone number and explanation of what is going on.  You can find out how to do that here

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.