cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data won’t turn on without a reboot

Ron112355
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Would like to know why I keep having to do a network reset whenever I need to use my data. I don’t use it often but would like to not have to reboot when I do.

Hoping it’s a simple fix as am not that technical..

Tia 

11 REPLIES 11

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Android 6 is really, really old, but apparently ATT did update it to Android 7.

I'm not sure that update is available to you in Canada, but you can check.  It may not fix it, but what have you got to lose?

https://www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1147672/Samsung/GalaxyJ32016

@Ron112355 wrote:

Phone is a couple of years old, probably time to upgrade but money is tight and weed is legal so it’s been tough to prioritize lol

This phone was released in 2016, so it is old but not that old.  It seems like maybe the AT&T bloatware is not playing nice.  That is a problem with carrier brands sometimes.  For $200, I would have gone with other budget brands.  My Umidigi F2 was less than $200 and it is less than 1 year old.  

@Ron112355 wrote:

Really not sure on that one sorry🙁

@Ron112355  When replying to a post, if you start with @, a list pops up and you can click on the person you're answering. If you also click on the 3 dots just above the open message window (beneath "PREVIEW", it will expand the options available to you. Click on the quotation marks and we will know what you are answering. What aren't you sure about?

Ron112355

Phone is a couple of years old, probably time to upgrade but money is tight and weed is legal so it’s been tough to prioritize lol

Ron112355

Really not sure on that one sorry🙁

@Ron112355 Or maybe try a factory reset of the phone (caution, this will reset everything and erase all of your data so make sure the important stuff is backed up).

@Ron112355 

• go to the play store and update all your apps, particularly the carrier services app.
  • enable/disable airplane mode instead of resetting your network settings
  • factory reset your device 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This sounds like a software issue.  Not sure what to suggest, perhaps do a warranty exchange or refund if that's an option.  

@Ron112355 Does everything else works fine without having to do a reset? Including MMS?

Ron112355

Thanks for the tip

I am poor so am using a Samsung -SM-J320A

Android version 6.0.1

I bought it unlocked for $200 was originally mfg. for A.T.T. Customers so it’s got their crap on it that I can’t get rid of to free up space.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Ron112355 It might be helpful if you told the community what phone model you use. Sometimes issues can be device specific.

Need Help? Let's chat.