cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data unavailable

mta2020
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a data plan of 2 GB. Unfortunately, when I turn on the data on my cell phone, I am unable to access data.

Cell phone is a Doro 824 which is compatible with Public Mobile. How do I solve this problem?

15 REPLIES 15

@mta2020 if this is your phone's specs https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=4899

Then you may only be able to get data on 3g. And even that's iffy. Try switching your phone over to 3g.  And which of the sub varients do you have? Did you try to reset and edit your APN settings as I suggested before? Thanks. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mta2020 wrote:

I have been with PM for over 2 years. I still have 1GB bonus and bought 1 GB. I  have been unable to access the  data on my phone  right from the very beginning. 

Below is a screenshot of the details.

Awaiting a solution

You need to enable data and check your APN settings.

Try a simple procedure by restart your phone with your PM SIM card inserted and let it configure your APN setting automatically.

If you have a LG phone, you need to do a network reset before your data working again after switching provider.

Which phone are you using on PM?

mta2020

Thanks for your help.

@mta2020 wrote:

I have been with PM for over 2 years. I still have 1GB bonus and bought 1 GB. I  have been unable to access the  data on my phone  right from the very beginning. 

Screenshot_2020-05-19 Public Mobile - Overview(1).png

Awaiting a solution

So what kinda phone are you currently using ? Have you tried cycling it off/on again ?

Make sure to adjust APN settings as provided already, if need be.

mta2020

Screenshot_2020-05-19 Public Mobile - Overview(1).png

Awaiting a solution

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mta2020 

@mta2020 wrote:

I have a data plan of 2 GB. Unfortunately, when I turn on the data on my cell phone, I am unable to access data.

Cell phone is a Doro 824 which is compatible with Public Mobile. How do I solve this problem?

Is your phone up and running or still having issues??????

@mta2020 Try resetting your APN settings to default and restart your phone. Wait 30 seconds and restart it. See if this propagates it for you. Enable data and try sending an mms text message. 

Doro 824
  1. Touch Menu.
  2. Touch Settings.
  3. Touch Mobile data.
  4. Touch More.
  5. Touch Access Point Names.
  6. Touch the More icon.
  7. Touch Reset to default.
  8. The APN settings have been reset to default

If it doesn't you may have to manually configures them.

APN settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: Not set      - or - default,mms,supl   ( if your mobile hotspot is spotty add "dun")
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: Not set
MVNO value: Not set

Save. Restart your phone, enable data and try sending an mms message.  Stay safe. 

@mta2020 

Resetting APN settings
  1. Open the Applications tab and tap Settings.
  2. Tap Wireless Controls or Wireless & Networks.
  3. Tap Mobile Networks and then Access Point Names.
  4. Tap the Menu icon and select Reset to default

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mta2020 

You might have run out of data. To check for sure login into self serve and if in the overview in the data and add on section shows no data or anything that means it has been all used up. 

Another thing could be like what @Naepalm said it could be the network settings be off so turn phone off and on. 

If that does not fix it, You can manually set the settings in the phone. If that does not fix it try a full network reset

mta2020

How do I reset the phone APN settings?

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@mta2020 Is your problem solved by now? Let us know so we could assist further. If you never had data, the issue is probably in APN settings as was told before.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mta2020 

Do the simple test first.  

Enable data.

Turn off your phone

Wait 1 minute

Turn on your phone and let it configure your APN automatically.

If fail, you need to manually configure your APN settings.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to the community  @mta2020  Can you send/ receive mms text message?  Has it ever worked for you? Thanks.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@mta2020 

Try resetting your phone the APN settings may be off and may need to be reset for them to align with Public Mobile. 

Check your network settings and make sure they are set to Public Mobile. 

There will be plenty of members that can show you the settings that you need. 

If you just ported youll need to wait a couple hours for the port to complete. 

cheers

@mta2020 wrote:

Are you a new customer or did you just recently get this phone?  If the data previously worked, you've likely ran ouf of data.

Need Help? Let's chat.