cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Data service very very slow.

@jackiegreen wrote:

"I also checked browsing the webpage and found that sometimes I cannot even open a webpage."

This happens to me often at 3G with Public Mobile.  I thought I was the only one.  My internet will be working, then suddenly the webpages will not load.  I have an iPhone SE.  I wonder if this may be an iPhone issue?

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm in the Ottawa area as well, and there is definitely something going on in the last few days. I just did some speed tests, and speeds seem to be the same in my current location (Kanata) for LTE connection, but slower than before when I force a 3g connection, see below:

Screenshot_20180911-132240.pngnote the difference between today's test and from 9/04

Southern Ontario, in the middle of Brant County - 4.32 download on full LTE plan, 0.37 upload.

Note, inside a bad building for signal right now... but this is slow even for my regular day.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Telus appears to be having some issues:

Telus Outage Map

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I've been having the same problems lately (I just switched to Public from Virgin). I have to sometimes turn off my WIFI and then turn it back on in order for my internet to not be slow and actually work. I don't use the data Public offers because I mostly like WIFI, but maybe it's just a weird overall issue? My WIFI is with Rogers.

I also have an iPhone SE and I noticed that this all started to happen right after I updated iOS.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem. I need to change the service because I am an Uber driver if it is not fixed tonight.