cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Data not working

@bigmouth2015 more often than not, this is a phone settings issue.  What is your brand and model?  Many LG models require at least a network reset, if not a factory reset, to get data working when changing between providers (not just when chanigng to Public Mobile).  Many Asus phones require manually inputting the APN settings.  Some older iPhones require a special procedure to properly set the APN settings.  There may be other special exceptions too.  Please let us know what you've got and we can try to help.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@z10user4 wrote:

@bigmouth2015 wrote:

Same experience. Bought the $50 plan today.  I should have 8.5GB of data.  However, there is no data at all now; phone number was ported from Chatr to PM.  We can text and call, but just no data.   

What was the solution to your problem because the same is happening to me?  Is the problem with our phone or is it with PM service?

I'm not sure your issue is the same as the OP here (assuming that's who you're replying to)

You might be just waiting for the port to finish.

But certainly confirm the APN settings.

The porting has completed. I was able to call and text just no data. I manually entered the apn settings as recommended on the previous posts by others. Still didnt work. So i went to buy a $130 android phone and it works magically without doing any setting change.  I guess pm doesnt support data on my phone, although i checked their compatibility website, and it says its compatible.  Very frustrated and disappointed 

Mayor / Maire

@bigmouth2015 two things:

1) the compatibility checker on PM's site is very buggy; however, that said, if you can get talk and text to work, then data is absolutely possible on your phone (unless it's a BlackBerry running OS7 or older which requires a BIS that PM does not run).

2) you still haven't answered what phone it is that you can't get data working on.  Please tell us and we can try to help.  I'm almost certain it's possible.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

htc one m8

ONE M8 (OP56100) HTC IMEI: TAC: 357871 FAC: 05 SNR: 213223CD: 3

Mayor / Maire

@bigmouth2015 wrote:

@bigmouth2015 interesting, I'm not aware of any unusual issues with HTC devices off the top of my head.  The first thing I would try is this page to confirm you have set up your APN exactly as as shown there, if you haven't already.  

EDIT: About the only thing I found by searching the community was this thread where @Brenda175 was having trouble getting data working on a One M8, but I'm not sure how it was resolved as she never followed up:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Data-connects-but-won-t-work-HTC-One-M8/m... Brenda, if you don't mind, would you be able to share anything here that might help @bigmouth2015?

@srlawren wrote:

@bigmouth2015 wrote:

@bigmouth2015 interesting, I'm not aware of any unusual issues with HTC devices off the top of my head.  The first thing I would try is this page to confirm you have set up your APN exactly as as shown there, if you haven't already.  

EDIT: About the only thing I found by searching the community was this thread where @Brenda175 was having trouble getting data working on a One M8, but I'm not sure how it was resolved as she never followed up:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Data-connects-but-won-t-work-HTC-One-M8/m... Brenda, if you don't mind, would you be able to share anything here that might help @bigmouth2015?

Yes, i confirmed the APN settings as suggested by the link: 
https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/htc-one-m8

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been having the same problem with my data.  i have done everything, changed the APN, reboot, data on, you name it and I just fixed it by turning on my wireless hot spot, when I turned it on the 3g symbol came up right away and when i turned it off again the 3g symbol stayed on.  YAY!!!!

Tags (1)
Mayor / Maire

@Danitoo wrote:

I have been having the same problem with my data.  i have done everything, changed the APN, reboot, data on, you name it and I just fixed it by turning on my wireless hot spot, when I turned it on the 3g symbol came up right away and when i turned it off again the 3g symbol stayed on.  YAY!!!!

@Danitoo werid.  what kind of phone is that?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

RCA phone