cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Data not working

@Moderator_Team I have the exact same problem as this. My data worked fine last month. I ran out of data, topped up my account, and even though it says my data is active on my account, it's not working. I've been into Public Mobile assistants in a store, my APN is fine and there are no profiles installed. It worked fine last month, but it's not working this month.
Please assist. I spent $50 on data and I can't use it. No one seems to want to help me with this, and if I need to I will change to a different provider.

Mayor / Maire

@AJbr0 wrote:

@Moderator_Team I have the exact same problem as this. My data worked fine last month. I ran out of data, topped up my account, and even though it says my data is active on my account, it's not working. I've been into Public Mobile assistants in a store, my APN is fine and there are no profiles installed. It worked fine last month, but it's not working this month.
Please assist. I spent $50 on data and I can't use it. No one seems to want to help me with this, and if I need to I will change to a different provider.

Try enabling the lost/stolen feature, log out, wait a few minutes, disable it, log out, restart phone and see what happens.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile @AJbr0

I am sorry to hear about your frustations.

Hopefully the community members here can help you find a resolution to your problem.

Just for your information.

If you need to contact the Moderato Team directly, it's best to send them a private message with your account information and a detailed description of your issue.

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.  In your message please include:

- PM Phone Number

- 4 digit PIN (or at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)

- account number

- date of birth

- complete address listed on account with postal code

- email address on account

- most commonly called numbers

- alternate number listed on the account

- last payment date and amount

- last 4 digits of the credit card

-Detailed explanation

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

Hi PM  services.

I have a galazy S3 phone and the data has not worked when i registered and paid  for your mobile service.Please turn on my data. I have paid two months for the data service which does not work on my phone .

thank you

Oracle

@pmelchiorre first check that you have data in your plan. Second check your Apn stettings.

Third try your sim in another phone again check Apn settings.

Mimmo ,

thank you  for your quick response. I have a 5g data plan and the  sim card works on other phones. The settings are on to connect to data .

Mayor / Maire

@pmelchiorre wrote:

Hi PM  services.

I have a galazy S3 phone and the data has not worked when i registered and paid  for your mobile service.Please turn on my data. I have paid two months for the data service which does not work on my phone .

thank you

You've been having this problem for 2 months?!

As mimmo_L said.

Edit: Are you possibly running Android 8.1?

Mayor / Maire

@pmelchiorre because your data works when you put your SIM card in another phone, there is nothing wrong with the service, but rather the issue is with your phone.  Can you verify your APN settings?  Please follow the steps here https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/samsung-i9300i-galaxy-s3-neo

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Same experience. Bought the $50 plan today.  I should have 8.5GB of data.  However, there is no data at all now; phone number was ported from Chatr to PM.  We can text and call, but just no data.   

What was the solution to your problem because the same is happening to me?  Is the problem with our phone or is it with PM service?

Mayor / Maire

@bigmouth2015 wrote:

Same experience. Bought the $50 plan today.  I should have 8.5GB of data.  However, there is no data at all now; phone number was ported from Chatr to PM.  We can text and call, but just no data.   

What was the solution to your problem because the same is happening to me?  Is the problem with our phone or is it with PM service?

I'm not sure your issue is the same as the OP here (assuming that's who you're replying to)

You might be just waiting for the port to finish.

But certainly confirm the APN settings.