cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Data not working

Hi PM Community,

I just got a PM SIM and everything works fine except data. This is not the first time I have inserted a PM SIM, last time I tried and it worked. I have done everything from resetting network settings and rebooting my  iPhone 6S. There is no profiles in the Generals Settings. As well, my iOS is updated and the carrier is shown as Public Mobile 33.0. I also inserted into another iphone and it works. 

If anyone can help me figure out what’s wrong with the settings/software, it would be much appreciated! 

I have attached my mobile data settings. E77FD96D-9DF5-4004-81B4-92490899AFB3.png

Mayor / Maire

Re: Data not working

@jmg123

You likely need to check the APN Settings.  Go to https://apn-canada.gishan.net/. Select the brand and model of your phone,  select Public Mobile. After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on Public Mobile  network.  That usually works afterwards.  

Oracle

According to this site, the setting should be sp.mb.com.

Sometimes it's easier to create a new APN setting rather than edit an existing one.

Thank you guys for your response. 

I tried that and it didn't work too. I can only Edit APN settings, not sure on how to create a new one on iOS.

Oracle

@jmg123 wrote:

Thank you guys for your response. 

I tried that and it didn't work too. I can only Edit APN settings, not sure on how to create a new one on iOS.

If you can edit try and get these settings in 

6s.PNG6s2.PNG

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I tried this and it's still the same "Could not activate mobile data network"

@Moderator_Team Can anyone from the team please help me? I have also sent a private message.

Mayor / Maire

@jmg123

Unfortunately, the moderator team waits are about 48 hours recently.   Hopefully, you will get a response within next 24 hours.

As you wait for the moderators, you could try a network or factory reset.  Then recheck the APN settings.  

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't know if it makes any difference but my iphone automatically defaulted to

an APN of isp.mb.com

If you can’t edit the setting you might need to reset it first.