cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

annronreimer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a hauwei p30 lite, set up the apn settings according to the instructions, but my but it does not send or receive MMS messages

12 REPLIES 12

@CannonFodder wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@annronreimer   Is the FULL model name/number of that phone, by any chance, this one:

Huawei P30 Lite Dual SIM TD-LTE JP 128GB MAR-LX2J

There are, apparently, 5 different variants of that phone, and that particular one isn't fully compatible with all the bands needed for PM.

I'll assume that calls and texts work with this phone, and since the issue is only with data, the data not working isn't because of frequency band compatibility. All services including talk, text, and data are all possible over the HSPA+ network. 

There's a screenshot posted by the OP earlier showing a connection to the Public Mobile network. Regardless whether that's a connection to either HSPA or LTE, data works on both at Public.

So, if that's the case, would the OP be getting HSPA on this?(assuming it was the variant I mentioned):

HuaweiP30Lite.JPG

Coontext for your picture?

Public Mobile does not support 2G/GSM frequencies at all. Only Rogers (and its affiliates) does so until end of this year, I think.

For a phone to work on Public Mobile it needs a minimumg of 3G frequencies B2 (1900) and B5 (850).

For maximum data experience the phone needs LTE bands B4 (1700/2100), B7 (2600), B12/13/17 (700) as well as B2 LTE and B5 LTE.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@annronreimer   Is the FULL model name/number of that phone, by any chance, this one:

There are, apparently, 5 different variants of that phone, and that particular one isn't fully compatible with all the bands needed for PM.

I'll assume that calls and texts work with this phone, and since the issue is only with data, the data not working isn't because of frequency band compatibility. All services including talk, text, and data are all possible over the HSPA+ network. 

There's a screenshot posted by the OP earlier showing a connection to the Public Mobile network. Regardless whether that's a connection to either HSPA or LTE, data works on both at Public.

So, if that's the case, would the OP be getting HSPA on this?(assuming it was the variant I mentioned):

HuaweiP30Lite.JPG

@CannonFodder wrote:

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try rebooting phone and turn on mobile data to send MMS messages. MMS does not consume data.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@annronreimer  If convenient, try the SIM in another phone or a different SIM in your phone. You could also try going to a kiosk/store to try a test PM SIM and see if it works

@annronreimer  That screenshot is not complete it's missing the APN type info. Make sure the APN Type field contains mms. If not then add it at the end:

,mms

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried to reboot your phone ?

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

annronreimer

Screenshot_20200118_123303_com.android.settings.jpg

annronreimer

Yes

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@annronreimer  Post a screenshot of your apn settings.

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@annronreimerHave you enabled data in the phone settings?

Need Help? Let's chat.