cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working after returning from Asia

cbrooks_t
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I have a iPhone 10. I had Public Mobile text/calling & data working for a few weeks, then took a trip to Asia where I left my PM SIM card at home and swapped it out with a pre-paid Japanese SIM card.

When I got back, I swapped my SIM card back to the PM one. Now, texting and calling work, but I can't connect to the internet using data, even though it shows I have LTE or 3G full bars.

I've tried playing with my settings and restarting my phone several times, but nothing seems to work. The settings for my phone seem normal (it recognizes that it's on the Public Mobile network).

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Corey

9 REPLIES 9

cbrooks_t

Thanks! I discovered that I was still using the Network Profile that the japanese SIM card was using (in settings > general). I just deleted it and now it's working! Thanks!

@cbrooks_t Try resetting the network settings from Settings > General > Reset and see if that helps.

s108060816

Hey try taking look at this thread, and follow through with the instructions.

Perhaps this will help?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323119/highlight...

cbrooks_t

I tried changing my APN to "sp.mb.com" and restarting my phone, but it didn't work.

(worth noting that the "cellular data > reset settings" button resets the APN to "isp.mb.com", which makes me think it's the right value)

cbrooks_t

Roaming is off and data is enabled in the settings page.

IMG_792B99DF5E42-1.jpeg

this is my add-ons, I think this means I should have it:
Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 14.59.57.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cbrooks_t wrote:

It says "isp.mb.com" - is that what's expected?

I *think* it should be sp.mb.com.  That's what I have seen in other posts.

cbrooks_t

It says "isp.mb.com" - is that what's expected?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@cbrooks_t Make sure you have turned off Roaming option and enabled data option. Login to your self-serve account to make sure you have data remaining on your plan. If you do not see any data add-on listed, it means you have used up all data. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cbrooks_t  - Did you check your APN settings?  When you connected to the provider in Japan, they might have updated the phone with their APN settings.  When you reinserted the PM SIM, perhaps it didn't automatically reset them.

Need Help? Let's chat.