cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Data not Working for Nokia 3310

Thanks for your quick reply, it is a Nokia 6650 Fold, or 6650d-1bH. 

The 2nd phone is iNQ Chat 3G

Call and SMS work on both phones, I just cannot figure out MMS.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Montrealpost wrote:

@Montrealpost  You need access to data to send andcrecieve MMS. You don't need a data plan just access which your phone does not support on pm. You would only be able to send them on wifi....if you can configure your DATA/APN settings. Sorry but phones/hardware not my strong suit for any models of phone. If no one else offers possible solutions google the models to get their specs.

@darlicious wrote:

@Montrealpost wrote:

@Montrealpost  You need access to data to send andcrecieve MMS. You don't need a data plan just access which your phone does not support on pm. You would only be able to send them on wifi....if you can configure your DATA/APN settings. Sorry but phones/hardware not my strong suit for any models of phone. If no one else offers possible solutions google the models to get their specs.

MMS doesn't get sent over Wi-Fi.  If the APN settings are not correcly set for MMS, those will not be able to be sent or received, regardless of any Wi-Fi connection.

Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Montrealpost wrote:

MMS doesn't get sent over Wi-Fi.  If the APN settings are not correcly set for MMS, those will not be able to be sent or received, regardless of any Wi-Fi connection.

@computergeek541  Yes of course it doesn't get sent over WiFi my brain was mixing up the warning I kept getting that my phone was disconnecting in order to send or recieve an MMS. Not the other way around. But i do understand as stated that MMS requires data and the correct APN settings to enable it regardless of any if at all data in a plan. If the OP has a phone that is not supported by pm for data...there is no possibility of using MMS with that model of phone? Correct?

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541  Yes of course it doesn't get sent over WiFi my brain was mixing up the warning I kept getting that my phone was disconnecting in order to send or recieve an MMS. Not the other way around. But i do understand as stated that MMS requires data and the correct APN settings to enable it regardless of any if at all data in a plan. If the OP has a phone that is not supported by pm for data...there is no possibility of using MMS with that model of phone? Correct?

You'd probably have to go back a good 15 to 20 years to find a cell phone that isn't data-capable. Most of those wouldn't have been compatible with Public Mobile's network for anything anyway.

If the APN settings can be set correctly, MMS should work.  As for data use, the main thing about phones the age of a INQ Chat 3g or Nokia N95 (was popular around 2007/2008) would be how the browser capabilities weren't very good or the cpu procesors in them were not fast enough to keeep up with desktop websites (even when the data connection was relatively good).

@computergeek541  My tutor, my tutor... where would I be without you my tutor!