cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not Working for Nokia 3310

Tman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yikes my data doesn't work on my phone. Any ideas?

16 REPLIES 16

@computergeek541  My tutor, my tutor... where would I be without you my tutor!

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541  Yes of course it doesn't get sent over WiFi my brain was mixing up the warning I kept getting that my phone was disconnecting in order to send or recieve an MMS. Not the other way around. But i do understand as stated that MMS requires data and the correct APN settings to enable it regardless of any if at all data in a plan. If the OP has a phone that is not supported by pm for data...there is no possibility of using MMS with that model of phone? Correct?

You'd probably have to go back a good 15 to 20 years to find a cell phone that isn't data-capable. Most of those wouldn't have been compatible with Public Mobile's network for anything anyway.

If the APN settings can be set correctly, MMS should work.  As for data use, the main thing about phones the age of a INQ Chat 3g or Nokia N95 (was popular around 2007/2008) would be how the browser capabilities weren't very good or the cpu procesors in them were not fast enough to keeep up with desktop websites (even when the data connection was relatively good).

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Montrealpost wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply, it is a Nokia 6650 Fold, or 6650d-1bH. 

The 2nd phone is iNQ Chat 3G

Call and SMS work on both phones, I just cannot figure out MMS.

@Montrealpost  You need access to data to send andcrecieve MMS. You don't need a data plan just access which your phone does not support on pm. You would only be able to send them on wifi....if you can configure your DATA/APN settings. Sorry but phones/hardware not my strong suit for any models of phone. If no one else offers possible solutions google the models to get their specs.

MMS doesn't get sent over Wi-Fi.  If the APN settings are not correcly set for MMS, those will not be able to be sent or received, regardless of any Wi-Fi connection.

@computergeek541  Yes of course it doesn't get sent over WiFi my brain was mixing up the warning I kept getting that my phone was disconnecting in order to send or recieve an MMS. Not the other way around. But i do understand as stated that MMS requires data and the correct APN settings to enable it regardless of any if at all data in a plan. If the OP has a phone that is not supported by pm for data...there is no possibility of using MMS with that model of phone? Correct?

@darlicious wrote:

@Montrealpost wrote:

@Montrealpost  You need access to data to send andcrecieve MMS. You don't need a data plan just access which your phone does not support on pm. You would only be able to send them on wifi....if you can configure your DATA/APN settings. Sorry but phones/hardware not my strong suit for any models of phone. If no one else offers possible solutions google the models to get their specs.

MMS doesn't get sent over Wi-Fi.  If the APN settings are not correcly set for MMS, those will not be able to be sent or received, regardless of any Wi-Fi connection.

@Montrealpost wrote:

Montrealpost
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Montrealpost wrote:

Me too, prefer basic phones over smartphones.  How can I search for ways to setup MMS on INQ Chat 3 and Nokia 6650.  Calls+ SMS do work on both phones.  Thanks in advance!

I'm not even sure that the Nokia 6650 is compatible with Public Mobile.  The search that did says that would need a Nokia 6651 for UMTS Band.2.

Montrealpost
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@GinYVR wrote:

@TmanAccording to the specifications here the Nokia 3310 won't work with Public Mobile

Network speed 3G

Network bands GSM: 900, 1800; WCDMA (FDD I, VIII)

https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_ca/nokia-3310-3g#details

Me too, prefer basic phones over smartphones.  How can I search for ways to setup MMS on INQ Chat 3 and Nokia 6650.  Calls+ SMS do work on both phones.  Thanks in advance!

@Tman wrote:

Haha well actually I switched from a smartphone to this one and I don't plan on going back soon. I do appreciate the challenge of downgrading in life. Slowing down, perceiving the world in a backwards perspective. Brings to light a new perspective on the things I once had, and helps to maintain control. 

Agreed. What plan are you on? You probably only need the $15 w/the $5/500 min add on for back up. I do subscribe to the smart brain stupid phone club.

Tman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Haha well actually I switched from a smartphone to this one and I don't plan on going back soon. I do appreciate the challenge of downgrading in life. Slowing down, perceiving the world in a backwards perspective. Brings to light a new perspective on the things I once had, and helps to maintain control. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Tman wrote:

Yikes my data doesn't work on my phone. Any ideas?

@Tman  Time for a new phone. Smiley Happy

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Tman It looks like @GinYVR is right.

3310.PNG

@TmanAccording to the specifications here the Nokia 3310 won't work with Public Mobile

Network speed 3G

Network bands GSM: 900, 1800; WCDMA (FDD I, VIII)

https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_ca/nokia-3310-3g#details

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Try checking your APN Settings. Not sure what OS your Nokia runs, but...

For Android, click:
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile/Cellular Networks > Access Point Names >

These are mine:

Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302