cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data just stopped working

northof60
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

i have had public mobile for some time now and a week ago my data just stopped working. I tried turning my phone off and on again.   I had two or three messages about an extra free 1GB of data from PM, and then it stopped working.  

Any ideas on how to fix this? 

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

northof60

Dunkman, 

thanks.  The airplane mode truck worked.  

Cheers! 

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@northof60 wrote:

My account says that I have used hardly any data.  I haven’t had any issues till now. It just quit working suddenly 

Do you have another unlocked phone you can try using? It can help us determine whether the problem is with your device or account.

If not, try poking around your device's data settings and turn off anything that blocks data usage after a certain amount.

@northof60 

Does your rest of the phone work?  ie. text, talk?

Maybe try the SIM card in another phone to determine whether it is hardware issue versus PM service issue. 

A few things to try:

Reboot phone

Turn on airplane mode on, wait a few mintues then off

Network reset

northof60

My account says that I have used hardly any data.  I haven’t had any issues till now. It just quit working suddenly 

northof60

Popping, 

I checked and it shows that I have used hardly any data.  It says that the status is active.  

northof60

Dunkman,

i checked and the data shows up in the add on section.  I have barely used any.  Says it is active.  

GGPlayer

You can see your data usage from your online account summary page.

Easy to consume a few GB with some speedtests or some YouTube/Netflix.

And poor service areas (with low signal bars) will multiply all Data use because of "excessive" error-correction overhead. 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

A just in case fyi, two of my accounts burnt through their data during Dorian.

With that extra 1 GB we were not notified that we were almost out of our data as usual and as a result, they burnt a portion of the 1 GB too.

Anyway, these two boys would have been more concerned if they ran out entirely so I guess we got the lesser of two evils.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@northof60 

Check your data usage lines on your overview page.

The following is my usage lines:

I have not started using the 1GB bonus data.

I have used 2193MB of my 5120MB of my data allotment,

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    1GB Promo
    0  /  1024 MB
    5GB at 3G Speed
    2193.032  /  5120 MB
If you don't have these usage lines, you had used all your data.

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to send a private message to moderator. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days. If your next renewal date is 2 - 3 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $30 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@northof60 

Check your self service account.  In your add on sections, do you see the data add on counter.  If you don't see the data add on, that means you likely ran out of data.  Which plan are you normally on?

Need Help? Let's chat.