cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data help for new refurbished IPhone SE

brindlefly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello.  I'm unable to get data.  Wifi, text and calls are fine.  Checked the advice on APN, but in Settings under Cellular it just lists APN, User name and Password.  Tried the site to download the configurations and it said to open and accept configuration under Settings App, but there is nothing there.  Can someone help?  Last phone I had was over 10 years ago, and I'm beginning to remember why!  Lol

44 REPLIES 44

brindlefly

@gblackma wrote:

@brindlefly , @Popololo  uused this site to fix the apn settings on an iPhone see link here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

This link opens a private message box.

brindlefly

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Check account to see if you have data available to use. 

With the ISP setting. 

Re seat your SIM. 

Reboot iphone. 

Does it work?

No work. 

Reset network settings. (Causes loss of memorized wifi passwords, change name of phone, turns data switch on) 

Reboot iPhone. 

Try data. 

Does it work?

Check for apn.....SP or ISP?

Please  advise results. 

Tried all and still no data.  Checked APN again and it reads isp.mb.com

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Check account to see if you have data available to use. 

With the ISP setting. 

Re seat your SIM. 

Reboot iphone. 

Does it work?

No work. 

Reset network settings. (Causes loss of memorized wifi passwords, change name of phone, turns data switch on) 

Reboot iPhone. 

Try data. 

Does it work?

Check for apn.....SP or ISP?

Please  advise results. 

brindlefly

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Does your phone say:

sp.mb.com

or 

isp.mb.com

If sp.mb.com........try adding an i ........isp.mb.com

Just press the field to allow and edit and change and try your data. 

A1B0EA99-7363-40A7-838D-F3D315212598.jpeg

Mine is the same as yours, with the isp.  I went back and tried with just the sp but neither are working.

iPhoneUser

Does your phone say:

sp.mb.com

or 

isp.mb.com

If sp.mb.com........try adding an i ........isp.mb.com

Just press the field to allow and edit and change and try your data. 

A1B0EA99-7363-40A7-838D-F3D315212598.jpeg

brindlefly

@iPhoneUser wrote:

I just tried the website for my iPhone SE. Where would I find the download? Or should it be an option of selecting and APN setting? Or is it obvious that it does not work for an SE?

656B7AD0-7849-433E-8DF2-645CB631EB96.jpeg

This exactly where I'm at.  I cannot find the download either!

iPhoneUser

I am now am now wondering why I even set up my iPhone SE with “ISP”.  I must have found it somewhere. It works. Any other iPhone SE owners out there? What is your setting?

The NZ website says: “SP”462BA5CC-1C26-42DC-8F9B-3319534105BF.png

The PM website says: “SP”

A88ECA87-4570-4B74-9FEA-DEAAA5FF6A9F.png

My setting: “ISP”

A9492B34-8EFA-4EBC-B45B-692E4989CF42.jpeg

iPhoneUser

I just tried the website for my iPhone SE. Where would I find the download? Or should it be an option of selecting and APN setting? Or is it obvious that it does not work for an SE?

656B7AD0-7849-433E-8DF2-645CB631EB96.jpeg

Thanks @ShawnC13 , I totally missed that. 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@gblackma , it is in the subject title refurbished iPhone SE

iPhoneUser

@brindlefly wrote:

Hello.  I'm unable to get data.  Wifi, text and calls are fine.  Checked the advice on APN, but in Settings under Cellular it just lists APN, User name and Password.  Tried the site to download the configurations and it said to open and accept configuration under Settings App, but there is nothing there.  Can someone help?  Last phone I had was over 10 years ago, and I'm beginning to remember why!  Lol

Here are my iPhone SE settings....and data works. 

772596F5-034C-490C-BCBE-1334DFB7F712.jpeg

@gblackma , it is in the subject title refurbished iPhone SE

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@brindlefly wrote:

Early iPhone APN settings cannot be updated manually. You will need to connect to wifi, access http://www.unlockit.co.nz/mobilesettings/ with Safari, then follow the directions there. pasted from @Luddite's quirks thread.  Now I am not sure if this will work on the SE if it is considered an early iPhone

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@brindlefly  what's the  make and model of your phone?

@brindlefly wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.