cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data has stopped working on my phone

sorjue
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

My phone's data has not been working since the start of the year. What can I do to fix this? Everything was working fine and then I went on a business trip out of town where I swapped the sim card and when I came back and popped the card back in my phone works but no data shows up now.

Thanks!

Samson

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sorjue glad to hear it's sorted out!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sorjue

Thanks for your help!

It looks like my APN settings got deleted somehow so I added it back and it's working again 🙂

srlawren

@sorjue okay so you have plenty of data left on your plan, which is good.  Data isn't working, which is bad.  First, check the easy things:  have you maybe accidentally turned off mobile data?  I'm not sure where to find that in a Samsung-flavoured Android KitKat interface any more, but maybe google how to check.  Next, you may want to verify your APN settings.  If all that is fine and data is still not flowing, I would suggest you will want to back up anything that is not already backed up or synced to a cloud-based service and then perform a factory reset.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sorjue

I don't see a network reset option. Might be cause my android is too old 😞 4.4.2

It's a Note 2. My regular phone died so using my wife's old phone. Was working fine for the last few months until I got back from my business trip.

sorjue

Sorry for late reply. It says I have used 833mb out of 12gb so that's not it.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@sorjue can you please log into your account online and check if your data is available?

Your data may have been all used up and that may be a reason why your data is not working. 

srlawren

@sorjue what kind of phone is it?  Can you try a network reset?  If you're using an iPhone, someone else will have to tell you how, but on an Android, if you go into your phone's settings and search for "network reset" it should come up.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sorjue, have you confirmed that your account is in active status and that the data allotment has not been used up.  By chance do you have a "3G" data plan.  Those plans have been known to renew with the data counter not resetting properly.  If that is the case, you will need to contact the moderator team to investigate and reset the data counter.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sorjue, Did you check your settings?  Perhaps something (APN) was changed on your phone when you used the other SIM card?  Also, did you have an auto renewal go through your account while you were gone.  Occasionally, something goes wrong...

If not, you should contact the moderators team.  They should be able to check that everything at the account level is OK.

Click here to send them a private message.  Be sure to include your account number and PIN.
You can find information regarding the moderators team by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.