cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data and Calling no longer working

Simi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My data and calling features of my phone have recently stopped working. (I have had this phone for 9 months)

The SMS is still working.

My plan includes:

- 9 + 3GB BONUS at 4G LTE Speed /90 Days

- Unlimited International Text

- Unlimited Provincial Talk

I did not buy an add on.

I can understand that my data has run out for the term and that's okay, but Im not sure why my calling is not working?

Any other options other than a factory reset?

14 REPLIES 14

As Will13am suggested earlier, factory reset on your phone is probably the next step....

Simi

@MacMe wrote:

@Simi wrote:

You know what my neice was holding my phone for a bit before I started experiencing all these problems so it's possible something may have been switched. Is there any way to check? 

Go into your phone settings -> Cellular network settings -> Network operators.  Then you can manually select Public Mobile.

Ya the network operator has already picked public mobile, it's grey for me.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Simi wrote:

You know what my neice was holding my phone for a bit before I started experiencing all these problems so it's possible something may have been switched. Is there any way to check? 

Go into your phone settings -> Cellular network settings -> Network operators.  Then you can manually select Public Mobile.

Simi

@mimmo wrote:

Could you have accedently switched which networks it connects to?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Could you have accedently switched which networks it connects to?

Simi

Deleting the data is just the call history right?

@Simi wrote:

The Sim card worked and I was able to make a phone call on my older phone.

Are there any solutions to my current phone not being able to receive or give phone calls?

I loath to suggest factory resetting a phone.  I think in this situation, I would be putting in on the top of the suggestion list.  The one thing I would try is to go the the dialer app, delete the data, force close the app, reboot the phone and see if that helps.  I would try also installing a different and compatible dialer app to see if that helps.  If playing around with the dialer doesn't solve the problem, I would factory reset.  Hopefully that will address both calling and data. 

Simi

Power cycling is just turning it off right? Yes I have

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Have you tried power cycling your phone?

Simi

The Sim card worked and I was able to make a phone call on my older phone.

Are there any solutions to my current phone not being able to receive or give phone calls?

Simi

Okay so I was able to make a phone call on my old Nexus when I switched my sim card over. 

Why would my phone just randomly not be able to make phone calls anymore ?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is really bazaar.  Usually if an account does not renew properly or something breaks in it, everyting stops working.  @Simi, does the account show active and all the details in each tab look to be correct?  There is an off chance that it could be the phone.  But it does need to be connected to the network in order to text.  Texting and calling go hand in hand.  Get one working and the other is practically guaranteed.  It can't be the SIM card because all it does is faciliate a network connected.  Any feature working means a network connection has been made.  I would start by trying the SIM in a different phone to rule out the phone as the problem. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

...  Or test another SIM in your phone?

IF it was working fine, and stopped suddenly, something is not normal.  If incomming calls were not working, but outgoing was working, that could be an issue with callforward/block, or something like that.  however, if in/out both do not work, but texting in/out DO work, there is a good chance that something on your account was messed up.  If you can rule out a problem with the phone, then the next step would be to contact the moderator team.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

are you able to test the sim on a different phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.