cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Suddenly Not Working!! Galaxy S4

HuntingMage
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

So I've been using Public Mobile for close to 5 months now without any issues.

Up until this morning, my data has been working perfectly fine. Then this morning, NO DATA. I have tried the following:

Redid the APN, double checked all the fields
Factory Reset phone
Removed battery
Reinsterted SIM card

That's it. I can't figure out what's going on.. Texts and calls still work, but I just can't get data to show up at all. Any help would be much appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

@meghanelizabeth, how long is your cycle for billing 30, or 90 days?

If you're on the 90 day plan, your data will restore at the start of your next cycle, so you may be waiting a long time, or maybe just a few days.  When did your current cycle start?

On the 90 day plan, all data is for all 90 days.  Use it all day 1, or day 90, it doesn't matter.  It's up to you how you use your data, but it's 12 GB for 90 days.... average of 4 GB per 30.

meghanelizabeth

hi

i have a samsung galaxy 6. i am on the 90 day promo plan (12 gb, unlimited provincial calling and texts) and i have had data issues in Oct saying i was out of data. (the 95% usage message). Fine, whatever.

Now with the new month I was hoping it would go away but it hasn't! I can't find any solution - I've re-done the mobile network and removed sim card. Still nothing!!! Any help really appreciated.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@HuntingMage wrote:

Quick update.. I put the SIM in another phone, the data didn't work on that phone. Then when I put it back in my phone, the data magically started working again.

I wish I had tried that before factory resetting but hey, at least it's working now!

Thanks!

Wow. That's strange. 

That is weird. Maybe just a couple of reboots was all you wanted. XD.

HuntingMage

Quick update.. I put the SIM in another phone, the data didn't work on that phone. Then when I put it back in my phone, the data magically started working again.

I wish I had tried that before factory resetting but hey, at least it's working now!

Thanks!

@HuntingMage Are you on a promo plan? 6 of 12 seems suspiciously like the system has removed your "bonus". If that is the situation, suggest you send  a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation.

Otherwise here's my laundry list of items to check when data fails (think I removed all you have tried already): 

- connects with wifi?

- cellular data turned on?

- is it all apps that use data or just the browser not connecting?

- toggle airplane mode off/on

- remove sim for 5 minutes, then install and reboot

- go to settings, then general-profile and delete any profiles

- check network is not set to 2G; use auto, 3G, or LTE

- check for operating system updates

- remove any VPNs

- reset all network settings; you will need to add back wifi passwords after that.

- try sim in another phone and a good sim in your phone

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@HuntingMage Your texts and calls work so I am not sure about the SIM problem . I would say maybe something wrong with the account, check it for anomalies

HuntingMage

Thanks for the suggestion. Just tried in another phone. Same problem. Calls/text work but data doesn't.

I'm assuming this is a SIM issue..?

Maybe try this way.

1. Turning off mobile data,

2. Deleting the APN

3. Restarting the phone

4. Adding back the same APN

give that a try.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

I would say clean the phone + system cache but I see that you did a factory reset. Can you retry connecting to PM's network or Telus 4G or what ever that shows in your phone

@HuntingMage Did you try your sim in another unlock phone?

HuntingMage

Oops sorry I forgot to mentioned I already checked that.

6GB/12GB

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

can you log into self-serve, and see if you have used up all of your data? 

Need Help? Let's chat.