Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Data Outage

SomeGuyHere
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Official announcement: [ISSUE RESOLVED] Intermittent Impact to Data Usage

Issue seems to be resolved in some areas as of 10:35 EST Smiley Happy

Seems to be intermittent Smiley Frustrated

*There seems to be an outage in some areas. Please don't change anything on your phone.
NDesai

Hi guys,

I'm not a new user, and have been using Public for several years now. Just this evening I began to experience a problem where my data refuses to connect to the network. I can see it trying to connect, but it won't stay connected. This started out of the blue when I went to send an MMS text, and was greeted with the "Message not sent: service not activated on network" message below my text. MMS has worked flawlessly for as long as I've been with Public. Until now, that is...

I have tried:

- Resetting the phone

- Re-entering APN settings/profiles for Public

- Restoring default APN settings

Just so there's no confusion, I'm on autopay and not a new customer, so this shouldn't be a billing issue. For context, I'm running Android 10 on a Pixel 3a, using Android Messages.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

120 REPLIES 120

Firemamma
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No he wasn't on wifi at all, we work for Skip the Dishes so have to have our wifi or it interferes with the work app. Thankfully the issues been fixed and both of our phones are working today.

deonxx76

data still not working here in Windsor, Ontario 😭.. anyone with luck in my area of South Western Ontario? 😢

Chihuahuas_cool

They cant help when technology has a hiccup it happens but not very often but everything is back to normal soon and is fixed most places 

@Angie16 wrote:

It just sucks that there was no warnings. Last night I amde $98 and tonight I make nothing. Skip the Dishs is not happy with me over this either. 

It's unfortunate, but there can't be warning for something that isn't suppsoed to happen. At least things are working again.

Chihuahuas_cool

Seems to be back in Edmonton hopefully for good 

Chihuahuas_cool

Seems to be back here in Edmonton so hopefully it's coming back I have faith in them they will get it fixed

@ekim686, across Canada-wide data outage. Although, it seems some areas are getting it back slowly but surely. Be advised, about 5 minutes ago (BC) seems to be getting our data back. Hopefully, by the time east coast goes to sleep, they will have it up soon because it is 130am...and don't forget, it's spring forward at 2am becomes 3am!! 

Erudic

Hopefully it gets resolved quickly. 

Chihuahuas_cool

It seems to be all over Canada unfortunately 

ekim686

Was having the same issue. For a good few hours 

tried network reset multiple times 

tried calling Apple , called Telus as public mobile uses Telus signal they said no issues with signal 

RichmondBC

I got data in Richmond BC too.

Erudic

Is this a problem also in the ontario area.  Barrie ontario.  My daughters service is cutting in and out constantly. 

RichmondBC

I got data in Richmond BC.

I just tried from Burnaby, BC (West Coast) data should be okay. No restart needed. 

Hip hip hooray!

I just tried from Burnaby, BC (West Coast) data should be okay. No restart needed. 

Hip hip hooray!

janexylin

Ah I see, not a renewal day problem. Thanks for clarifying!

Chihuahuas_cool

Its being fixed it might take a bit nobody knows how long but its Canada wide so hopefully soon 

@janexylin, Canada-wide data outage. No data access. Please be patient. Been intermittent since 5pm PST!

Please read this thread for more information. 

janexylin

Today (Mar8) is the renewal day for my plan which is on auto-pay. I've seen a few posts from people being concerned about the suspended account message on their accounts overview page, and that it's normal on the renewal date, but it's not supposed to affect usage if you're on auto-pay.

Well I just noticed since I was out at midnight and couldn't use the data on my phone at all. Once I got access to wifi I checked my usage and confirmed I do have sufficient data leftover. Is there a gap in service between the deactivation time and when auto-pay tops up?

Canada wide network outages last few hours. It's coming back slowly.

It's still affecting alot of customers. Hopefully they fix it soon!

JessalynEarl

Hi,

My boyfriend and I have had public mobile for about 3 years and for some reason today our data keeps constantly flickering on and off. We both have different android phones.

We already tried:

Restarting

Airplane mode on/off

Sin card in and out

Check APN settings

Both plans have 4GB of data available

Thanks!

zAlbee

Not only is my data not working, I can't receive calls either (asked someone to call me, they get my voice mail message and I get nothing...)! I am able to make outbound calls though...

@May2000  wrote:

So my data just completely stopped working and I cantc figure out how to fix it, and no I haven't gone over my limit

Yes, it's down as reported by many in this thread. 

May2000

So my data just completely stopped working and I cantc figure out how to fix it, and no I haven't gone over my limit

@Fisheryu1970, eeck, am on the west coast, and yes, I am out of data access. Been out since 5pm. Read this for an earlier post about this@NDesai wrote it best!

Try restarting your phone @YueZheng .

@YueZheng wrote:
i can not use my data, the network always down 

Try restarting your phone @Fisheryu1970 .

@YueZheng Don't panic, you are not the only one with this issue. Hope it will be fixed soon.

@Fisheryu1970 wrote:

I still have 4gb data available, but not I don't have internet service

Any problem with public mobile internet service? Anybody has the same problem? Thanks

@Fisheryu1970 Yes, many people across Canada are having such a problem now.

Canada wide network outages last few hours affecting many. Seems to be coming back slowly now. Some that were affected before it's working for them and others are still having problems.

Hopefully it's fixed soon

Need Help? Let's chat.