Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Data Outage

SomeGuyHere
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Official announcement: [ISSUE RESOLVED] Intermittent Impact to Data Usage

Issue seems to be resolved in some areas as of 10:35 EST Smiley Happy

Seems to be intermittent Smiley Frustrated

*There seems to be an outage in some areas. Please don't change anything on your phone.
NDesai

Hi guys,

I'm not a new user, and have been using Public for several years now. Just this evening I began to experience a problem where my data refuses to connect to the network. I can see it trying to connect, but it won't stay connected. This started out of the blue when I went to send an MMS text, and was greeted with the "Message not sent: service not activated on network" message below my text. MMS has worked flawlessly for as long as I've been with Public. Until now, that is...

I have tried:

- Resetting the phone

- Re-entering APN settings/profiles for Public

- Restoring default APN settings

Just so there's no confusion, I'm on autopay and not a new customer, so this shouldn't be a billing issue. For context, I'm running Android 10 on a Pixel 3a, using Android Messages.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

120 REPLIES 120

Fisheryu1970

I still have 4gb data available, but not I don't have internet service

Any problem with public mobile internet service? Anybody has the same problem? Thanks

PG77

I have not been able to connect to mobile data since I first tried at 9:30 pm EST... I thought there was an issue with my phone. This has caused me very serious problems, are we getting a compensation for this? This is completely unacceptable!

YueZheng
i can not use my data, the network always down 

SynnSalvator
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh whew, I've been having off and on issues for 3 days. Today it has been a solid no go (still out and it's 12:08am). I was starting to think it was my phone or my sim card. Hope it's resolved soon. I'm located near Toronto Ontario.

montreal501

I'm glad I came here to check. I was wondering if my phone had died. I arrived at Montreal airport and could not get any data. The LTE symbol would appear for a few seconds and then disappear. Restarting my phone did not help.

I then took a taxi from the airport to the east end of Montreal which is about a half hour ride. I got data briefly for around 20 seconds in the taxi and it was dead for the rest of the journey.

I looked at the Telus outages page and that reports everything is operating normally so either they are not aware of it yet or this issue is exclusive to Public customers.

Hopefully Public will get data working soon.

ChowtimeApricot
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

UGGHH, I should have checked here first.

I'm writing an app. it has been working just fine for the last 2 weeks and now its not working, I'm getting all kinds of weird errors.

Eastern Ontario here.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

whew, I thought it was just me, and where I was, I didn't have my MacBook with me to go online!

I was in East Vancouver, BC this evening, and returned home to Burnaby, BC and am still don't have data. 

Unfortunately, I have played around with my cell phone settings, so, am no idea if indeed it's my data or my phone. I guess, I will need to check back tomorrow morning to see what's up! 

Thanks @NDesai for the heads up! I should have known better not to fool around with my phone settings, but, thought, maybe I messed it up while I was at a lecture this afternoon (where I should be paying attention to the speaker!)

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Back in Black here in pei.

sonnykochhar

Data problem as well as phone calls now are in emergency only? Era fix?

bbjordan

Still have problems in Westlock AB.

Chihuahuas_cool

It works sometimes and then other times keeps going in and out even if I put it in 3G here in Edmonton 

Maxmaslov4

I'm in Toronto, internet is not working since around 7 pm

Working fine now for the last 20 mins or so. 

Chihuahuas_cool

Still not working in alberta

hj

No data in burnaby

Maxmaslov4

I'm not the only one whose internet is not working?

andie11530

Not yet fixed here in Vancouver BC.

Back in Black here in pei.

In and out in pei...

Chihuahuas_cool

Not here yet

@ranvilk_1  wrote:

Is it fixed?

Yes

ranvilk_1

Is it fixed?

http://outagereport.ca/publicmobile

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

LitoGeorge

Can confirm at 732pm PST in Victoria BC that 4G is back - hallelujah!

@Tiana_V @Alan_K @CS_Agent 

Any insight you can give us?

Chihuahuas_cool

I'm having the same problem with my Samsung A5 

EmmaUpton

Thanks for confirming my suspicion. We're new to PM. Any notion of cause/length of duration ... ?

@Firemamma that's unlikely. Is he connected to WiFi? If so, only picture and group texts will be affected. Have hubby try one of those to confirm.

Angie16

I think its a telus issue. Findong out some on koodo do not have data either. 

@Firemammawhat do you mean exactly by your phone  being down? Thanks. 

@Firemamma wrote:

My husband & I are both public mobile users and my phones been down all night but he's had no trouble with his at all. It must be hit and miss maybe.

Chihuahuas_cool

Hey so data is down I was wondering why mine was being weird 

Need Help? Let's chat.