Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Data Outage

SomeGuyHere
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Official announcement: [ISSUE RESOLVED] Intermittent Impact to Data Usage

Issue seems to be resolved in some areas as of 10:35 EST Smiley Happy

Seems to be intermittent Smiley Frustrated

*There seems to be an outage in some areas. Please don't change anything on your phone.
NDesai

Hi guys,

I'm not a new user, and have been using Public for several years now. Just this evening I began to experience a problem where my data refuses to connect to the network. I can see it trying to connect, but it won't stay connected. This started out of the blue when I went to send an MMS text, and was greeted with the "Message not sent: service not activated on network" message below my text. MMS has worked flawlessly for as long as I've been with Public. Until now, that is...

I have tried:

- Resetting the phone

- Re-entering APN settings/profiles for Public

- Restoring default APN settings

Just so there's no confusion, I'm on autopay and not a new customer, so this shouldn't be a billing issue. For context, I'm running Android 10 on a Pixel 3a, using Android Messages.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

120 REPLIES 120

Firemamma
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My husband & I are both public mobile users and my phones been down all night but he's had no trouble with his at all. It must be hit and miss maybe.

zepp12

FYI to stop people asking the same question over and over ..   

Yes DATA is down across the country  ..  this includes MMS  , Surfing, games , etc    ..

Firemamma

I work for Skip also and the same thing happened for me tonight, dropped my acceptance rate right down too. I had to sign out 3 hours early because of it. Not a very happy public mobile customer right now!

ravi_georgian

Same issue here. I am in ontario, i drive for uber, i picked the rider since i had uber online on wifi at home and once i was on data, it says no network connection and i lost the rider location. Rider was upset and commented to uber and i got 1 star because i had no network. Then i have turn it off and come home back, no earning today i guess 

LitoGeorge

Angie, join the Skip crowd. I have lost much more than $90 in opportunity tonight. You wont lose your job, thats a bit dramatic. 

Firemamma

Same thing in Stony Plain, Alberta. I use data for my work and had to miss work tonight because of this issue. Hope it gets fixed soon!

Angie16

It just sucks that there was no warnings. Last night I amde $98 and tonight I make nothing. Skip the Dishs is not happy with me over this either. 

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

One of the luckiest here. /s (data +power outage in Ottawa)

No data what so ever not on LTE or HSPA
2 out of 3 phones show lte sign for half a second and then immediately goes away for the last 2 hours , text work fine. Most calls connect. 611 is not reachable.
Third phone does not even show that LTE connected. I almost factory reset it thinking there was a problem with it.

My brother in the next room with Koodo appears to have data with no issues for about a good 20-30 min . Now it comes and goes still better than completely no signal like mine.

Very bad timing as this happened as we are currently having a power outage in parts of Ottawa for the last 20 hours already.

Do not know what happens now as I have no data, no wifi and no power to see the rest of the thread or responses.

Trevformosa

Thanks for your response. 

Sorry to hear that this happened to you @Angie16 . But there is a current Canada wide data outage. Please be patient as it is resolved. 

@Angie16 wrote:

Why is my Data not working. I am a courier and just lost tonights earnings. No way of any contact. I hope i did not lose my job

Canada wide network outages affecting many on Public Mobile. Hopefully they fix it soon.

LitoGeorge

Can anyone confirm if a moderator has opened a support ticket or such to get this looked into with much haste?

@Trevformosa, currently there is a data outage occurring on th PM network. Please be patient as it is resolved.

Angie16

Why is my Data not working. I am a courier and just lost tonights earnings. No way of any contact. I hope i did not lose my job

Canada wide network outages affecting many on Public Mobile. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Trevformosa

Hi there,

my phone suddenly today stopped connecting to mobile data proper. I have mobile calling and texting but not internet services or imessage. In the top corner my connection is going crazy. Says LTE 5 bars then drops off to no LTE or 3G and just shows 1 bar. Then back to lte 5 bars. Its like i keep getting booted off the network. Ive tried a hard reset on my phone, removing sim card. Not sure what else to do. My mobile data is only 50% used so thats not an issue.

It started working for a few minutes working then back to not working. Its been constantly on and off acting weird. 

thoughts? 

thanks,

Trevor Formosa

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Down in the GTA.  Hopefully it will be up in the morning.  

Mindaugas01

No help in my case I chagened to WCDMA (3G) and still does not work.

Assman604

It looks like I'm having the same issue. Signal is jumpy 

chantelleloray

Nope. 3G isn't working for me either.. 

LitoGeorge

Down in Victoria. Samsung Note 8. Tried 3G only setting on phone, doesnt work at all.

I deliver Skip, and this downtime is costing me a lot of money: Saturday night dinner time.

3g and lte now working in pei! Yeah! But it's not consistent tho.

chantelleloray

I would definitely assume so!!!

before I realized I had tons of data left I was red $30 to purchase more data. Now realizing it's the network.. 🤦🏻‍♀️ So hopefully I can get that returned! Definitely an inconvenience. I'm sure they must be working on it by now though...

@Mindaugas01 wrote:

I have no internet Shawnessy, Calgary. 

Yes, there seems to be an issue with the LTE.  Change your phone data connection to 3G I have heard that is working

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Mindaugas01 

Looks like a network outage.  Many customers are having the same issue.  Hopefully, it will be resolved soon.

Maybe everyone will get an inconvenience bonus 😂 they done it in past for people on certain plans that could not call due to an outage

vancity778

Vancouver, BC confirming. 

Mindaugas01

I have no internet Shawnessy, Calgary. 

chantelleloray

There seems to be a network outage. I've been with public for almost 2 years and never had an issue like this until now. Seems to be effecting tons of customers. Hopefully it's resolved quickly. 

kdboyd

Just seems weird. Working one minute, and not the next?  This isnt exactly what I signed up for.

Need Help? Let's chat.