cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Dialing and Echo

Jobot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I tried to do a quick search, but couldn't seem to find anything related...so I have an iPhone 6S plus on the $30 plan and recently during my phone calls, it picks up other people's conversations. I have tested it out by dialing my home phone from the cellphone with no background noise and it picks up someone's phone calls midway! It has happened two times so far and I hear their private conversations as if the lines are crossed. Additionnally, my own calls are echoed where when I speak, what I said is repeated to me about 2 seconds after. I've not had this problem before with other providers. If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it! Not sure if it's the device or the cell plan. I'm worried cause if I can hear them, maybe they can hear me?

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@minazf wrote:

Can you try that phone with another service provider to see if the problem follows the phone?

Well since the issue has happened between two devices as the OP has said, it stands to reason its account/provider related as it is, I'm sure the moderators will get to the bottom of it.

minazf

Can you try that phone with another service provider to see if the problem follows the phone?

You are welcome @Jobot . Glad that we could help you.  Please let us know what the moderators said the problems was.

@Jobot wrote:

Thanks for all the replies. I've tried the SIM in another phone (Asus Zenphone) and still have the problem. It doesn't happen all the time; maybe once every 20-30 calls? I've haven't installed any new apps as others have asked, and have already went to the apple store where they ran diagnostics and hard reset the phone. They didn't know how to handle the issue either. I will reach out to the moderator team and hopefully get this sorted.

thanks everyone 

Jobot

Thanks for all the replies. I've tried the SIM in another phone (Asus Zenphone) and still have the problem. It doesn't happen all the time; maybe once every 20-30 calls? I've haven't installed any new apps as others have asked, and have already went to the apple store where they ran diagnostics and hard reset the phone. They didn't know how to handle the issue either. I will reach out to the moderator team and hopefully get this sorted.

thanks everyone 

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gblackma wrote:

@Jobot , I'm using the@iPhoneUser phone.  

🤪

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jobot  As other's have mentioned try your sim in another phone. If the issue disappears then it's your phone. Did you install any new Apps that might be the problem?. If the same issue persists after testing your SIM in another phone then submit a ticket to the Moderator Team so that they can investigate further.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I guess I'll have to keep an eye on that my self here too, since I just started using a iPhone on this service, just to see if others are effected  by this.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Wow, this is a serious privacy concern.  I suggest asking the moderator team to check if any account problem could lead to spurious conferencing of two active calls.  I doubt this is hardware related.  

@Jobot , I'm using the@iPhoneUser phone.  

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Jobot wrote:

Hello,

I tried to do a quick search, but couldn't seem to find anything related...so I have an iPhone 6S plus on the $30 plan and recently during my phone calls, it picks up other people's conversations. I have tested it out by dialing my home phone from the cellphone with no background noise and it picks up someone's phone calls midway! It has happened two times so far and I hear their private conversations as if the lines are crossed. Additionnally, my own calls are echoed where when I speak, what I said is repeated to me about 2 seconds after. I've not had this problem before with other providers. If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it! Not sure if it's the device or the cell plan. I'm worried cause if I can hear them, maybe they can hear me?

Thanks!

Did you try turn off your phone and remove SIM card, wait couple minutes and then insert SIM, restart phone ?

If you tried, but still have this problem, you may need contact Moderator team:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like you need to get moderators to look into it.

Simon.JPG

Or private message at link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jobot 

To determine whether it is a hardware issue versus PM service issue, try to put the SIM card in another phone to see whether you can experience the same issue.  

Maybe try rebooting your phone or doing a network reset.  

Need Help? Let's chat.