cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consistent Dropping Outbound / Inbound Calls Within 1 Minute

elya
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I have had PM for a couple of weeks now. Every time I have an inbound/outbound call, the call drops/ends itself within 1 minute. It's usually at 45-50 seconds.

I have power cycled my phone multiple times. I bought a new phone and still have the exact same call dropping. I then bought a new SIM card and changed my SIM, only to find my calls STILL drop every single time at 45-50 seconds.

My device is the Moto G5 Plus, brand new. Tried with two different phones so it's definitely not the phone or the SIM's problem. My husand has the same phone as me, also with Public Mobile, and does not have these issues.

My Plan is:
Pick & Pay
- 3 Choices with Provincial Talk
- 9 + 3GB BONUS at 4G LTE Speed /90 Days
- Unlimited International Text
- Unlimited Provincial Talk

Please could you let me know how I can resolve this issue?

Thanks

44 REPLIES 44

rob79
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ute1978 - Oh I definitely will, and I'll report back. Like I said though, it doesn't happen to me nearly as often as you and OP are reporting. Only a couple times/month.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rob79 wrote:

@ute1978

I haven't noticed the "no reception" thing, but it's not something I've looked for either. Next time it happens I'll definitely be glancing that that to check it.

Yes, please do next time. I will guarantee you have the same experience like I did. It is on your end and not the caller's end.

ute1978

@youbmeI use iPhone 5c.

I gave up on trying as everybody here tells me it is my phone. But I've had the phone for 3 years and didn't have any problems until after I switched to Public Mobile last year. As this has been happening for months and only happening every other day, I don't look into this anymore.

rob79

@youbme - I've switched phones since changing to PM. I started with an iPhone 6, now I'm using a Moto G4 Plus. It happened on both phones equally.

youbme

@rob79 wrote:

@youbme - to be fair, I don't even really know if it's me that's dropping the call, or the person I'm talking to.

That said, I don't talk to that many people on the phone, just the usual friends/family, and that didn't change after I switched from Koodo to PM.

Like I said, it's not a huge deal b/c it doesn't happen that often, but it's frequent enough that I noticed it and thought to myself "Hmm, this happens way more now than it used to".

I understand, it is difficult to make any strong conclusions, but it is still your experience which indicates something is off...

rob79

@ute1978

I haven't noticed the "no reception" thing, but it's not something I've looked for either. Next time it happens I'll definitely be glancing that that to check it.

youbme

What?!?!? This is ridiculous, first I've seen of this on the forum, definer needs to be looked into and hopefully resolved. Could this be specific to some accounts? Or are there any commonalties of the phones being used?

@ute1978 and @rob79, what phones are you using? Have you done any troubleshooting?

rob79

@youbme - to be fair, I don't even really know if it's me that's dropping the call, or the person I'm talking to.

That said, I don't talk to that many people on the phone, just the usual friends/family, and that didn't change after I switched from Koodo to PM.

Like I said, it's not a huge deal b/c it doesn't happen that often, but it's frequent enough that I noticed it and thought to myself "Hmm, this happens way more now than it used to".

ute1978

@rob79 wrote:

I can't offer any suggestions/help, but I will say I've experienced more dropped calls since changing to PM than I have with any other carrier.

Sometimes it's seconds into the call, sometimes it's 30 minutes or more. It's totally random.

Exactly same here happens intermittently. I live in a big city with full bars reception. As soon as I get a phone call and just say Hello, I lose the call, reception goes to "no service". When I hang up, reception goes back to full bars.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is the first time I am hearing that this is happening.  I don't call much but never has any of my calls dropped, even the multi hour long calls.

youbme

This is certainly not normal and sounds like an issue with reception. @rob79, I'm surprised to hear you've also had this issue. As far as I know, the reliability with PM's service should be the same as Telus/Koodo. If that is not the case, then something is wrong with either the phone or account.  I've never noticed any issues with dropped calls in good reception areas.

You mentioned that your husband doesn't have these issues, have you tried your SIM in his phone? If the problem persists, then there is something going on with your account and you'll need to contact the coming moderators as outlined above to get help.

Hopefully it can be resolved quickly, keep us posted.

rob79

I can't offer any suggestions/help, but I will say I've experienced more dropped calls since changing to PM than I have with any other carrier.

Not nearly as frequently (or quickly) as you, but in the past 5 months I've had at least 10 dropped calls (for no reason - at home, full bars, inbound/outbound equally). I was with Koodo for 5 years before that, and honestly can't remember a single dropped call (besides the obvious ones - moving into areas with poor/no reception).

Sometimes it's seconds into the call, sometimes it's 30 minutes or more. It's totally random.

It's not a deal breaker for me b/c it only happens like 1-3 times/month, but it's definitely something I've noticed.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

How is the reception at the location where the dropped call is happening?  I suspect weak signal may be the issue.  I can tell you with certainty, it is not the SIM card. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You need to send the moderators a private message. 

Contact the Moderator_Team by clicking here.

In your message include:
- account email address
- PM phone number
- explanation of what is happening or a link to this thread

Need Help? Let's chat.