cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consistent Dropping Outbound / Inbound Calls Within 1 Minute

elya
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I have had PM for a couple of weeks now. Every time I have an inbound/outbound call, the call drops/ends itself within 1 minute. It's usually at 45-50 seconds.

I have power cycled my phone multiple times. I bought a new phone and still have the exact same call dropping. I then bought a new SIM card and changed my SIM, only to find my calls STILL drop every single time at 45-50 seconds.

My device is the Moto G5 Plus, brand new. Tried with two different phones so it's definitely not the phone or the SIM's problem. My husand has the same phone as me, also with Public Mobile, and does not have these issues.

My Plan is:
Pick & Pay
- 3 Choices with Provincial Talk
- 9 + 3GB BONUS at 4G LTE Speed /90 Days
- Unlimited International Text
- Unlimited Provincial Talk

Please could you let me know how I can resolve this issue?

Thanks

44 REPLIES 44

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Highlandsmokey

We've replied to your private message, please check your inbox.

Thank you

Syed

I have read your message 2 or 3 times to understand it @mgendre...excuse me I am French!!Smiley Wink... it would be easier if you can post a screenshot or give a link..and continue to want to help!!!Smiley Happy

mgendre
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

highlandsmokey,

Check out under phones and hardware on page 4.

This will help you.

@Highlandsmokey Did you read the message from @NDesai ??? 

Contact the moderator is the way to have help...here we are customers like you... no contact with your phone...

Highlandsmokey

I'm having the same issue as Elya and FredM

Calls inbound or out, get dropped by the system after 45-50 seconds....can you look into this for me? And how do I do this for myself, since there is only a community to help with service issues.....

Mike

Highlandsmokey

@Highlandsmokey wrote:

Hi guys

I'm having the exact same issue with my phone as of today......it allows calls in and out, and after about 45-50 seconds it hangs up....there's also a two beep sound at around the 20 mark.....can someone please help fix this.

The pserson above got it solved by contacting the mod team. So you can reach out to them by sending a private message to the Moderator_Team

Highlandsmokey

Hi guys

I'm having the exact same issue with my phone as of today......it allows calls in and out, and after about 45-50 seconds it hangs up....there's also a two beep sound at around the 20 mark.....can someone please help fix this.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mhogan wrote:

Same problem and i just joined Pm.. idk why my calls keep dropping 

@Mhogan are you physically in Canada, or roaming in the USA?  If roaming, this is almost always caused by accidentally purchasing more than 1 of the US Roaming Talk add-on, which confuses the system.  If you're in Canada, it sounds like you have a provisioning (activation) error which you will need corrected.  To do that, you will need to contact the moderator team via private message.  You can learn about doing so here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mhogan

Same problem and i just joined Pm.. idk why my calls keep dropping 

srlawren

@ivvaughan wrote:

I just signed up with PM a few days ago and this problem started happening to me when I went out of Canada to the US with the add-on for international text, calling and data. The data is also not working properly. It is definitely not a reception issue as my husband did the same thing with his phone and I can use it fine without calls dropping. I would love to find a solution as it's imperative I am able to use my phone for work while I am out of the country.

@ivvaughan did you happen to purchase the US Roaming Talk add on twice on your account?  for example, maybe you purchased it as part of the US Roaming Talk + Text or US Roaming Talk, Text, & 250MB data bundles, and also purchase the US Roaming Talk separately?  Having two of this add on active at the same time leads to the symption you're describing where calls drop quickly.  If this might apply to you, you will need to contact the moderator team via private message.  You can see the details here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

For data, do you maybe happy to have "Data while Roaming" (or similarly named setting, maybe "Data Roaming", something like that) turned off on your phone, by chance?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ivvaughan

I just signed up with PM a few days ago and this problem started happening to me when I went out of Canada to the US with the add-on for international text, calling and data. The data is also not working properly. It is definitely not a reception issue as my husband did the same thing with his phone and I can use it fine without calls dropping. I would love to find a solution as it's imperative I am able to use my phone for work while I am out of the country.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @mgendre

It’s not 240 hours but 10 days and each day is marked when the clock strikes midnight Eastern time. But 240 hours certainly get you past 10 midnights. And unfortunately you have to wait for the first roaming package to expire before getting another one. 

srlawren

@mgendre unfortunately multiple active US Roaming Talk add-ons have this exact effect and prevent you from using the talk service.  😞  

mgendre

I just figured out why I was having dropped incoming/outcoming calls in the US after 20 seconds. I purchased a $20 add on in Canada prior to go to the US. Purchased on Oct 18.

Got into the US around 10am Oct 19. No phone service for 4 hrs in US till I found a wifi area and tried my add on again. Found out that this is a 2 step process to add an addon. First to purchase funds onto account then to do the add on which takes funds off a prepaid account.

That being said I was able to receive the addon at 1:30pm Oct 19 for unlimited talk/text/data. I thought so that I would not have phone interruption, I would purchase another addon Oct 27 at 11:30 pm because I will be in the US longer than 10 days. After I purchased the second addon my phone started dropping incoming/outgoing calls after 20 seconds,however, the texting capability still worked. I have found out that I now have full phone service again at 1:30pm Oct 29 which is 240 hours after purchasing the first addon. So it appears that with PM you have to know the exact time you buy the first addon, then go forward 240 hours to purchase the second addon to reduce phone droppage calls.

FredM

Thanks I already sent one 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @FredM,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Please feel free to send us a private message. We'll be happy to look into this for you.

Best,

Syed

FredM

I have the same issue can you help please

youbme

Excellent news @elya! Thank you for sharing with us the final resolution, it really helps for others who may have similar issues in the future.

Cheers!

pakmode

@elya wrote:

Good news everyone! The problem was solved by the Moderators. 

The issue was:

Upon activation, a change was made to my plan by the back-end team. Unfortunately, the wrong plan combination was chosen which caused these service issues. 

They fixed the issue quickly and my phone seems to be working perfectly now with no dropped calls. Very happy now!

Glad to hear it finally got resolved. 

smp99

Nice - glad it got sorted out.

So the calls were not dropping, they were being cut off by the system. This makes more sense.

elya

Good news everyone! The problem was solved by the Moderators. 

The issue was:

Upon activation, a change was made to my plan by the back-end team. Unfortunately, the wrong plan combination was chosen which caused these service issues. 

They fixed the issue quickly and my phone seems to be working perfectly now with no dropped calls. Very happy now!

@youbme, I do not disagree that we should put up with consistently dropped connections, which is why if I have a problem I will contact support to assess the issue.

My point was, provide those who need to contact you with more than just your cellular number.  A home phone or a VoIP are options, or your business landline.

When problems occur, you can't just sit on your hands.

elya

@youbme wrote:

What?!?!? This is ridiculous, first I've seen of this on the forum, definer needs to be looked into and hopefully resolved. Could this be specific to some accounts? Or are there any commonalties of the phones being used?

@ute1978 and @rob79, what phones are you using? Have you done any troubleshooting?

I did contact @CS_Agent, but haven't had a reply yet.  I think it must be specific to my account in some way because my husband has the same phone as me and public mobile and does not have the issues i have.

youbme

@stonechucker

While I agree with your sentiment that we mustn't just rely on cellular technology for communications, neither should we accept calls being consistently dropped.

When I switched to PM two years ago, it was worth the expectation is get similar service to my previous provide with a better price. I've been quite content with the decision and have enjoyed consistent cellular coverage ever since. If anyone is experiencing otherwise, then is encourage them to troubleshoot their hardware/software or contact PM to see if their account has an issue.

But, I don't think this should be accepted as a normal situation with the current cellular technology available to us.

@elya, please keep us posted, hopefully it is resolved quickly!

srlawren

@elya you'll definitely need to reach out to the moderators, if you haven't already (sorry I only skimmed this thread briefly).  I recall a few other people running into this issue, and the moderators logged a ticket for them and I believe it was eventually resolved.

To everyone, although cell phones are wonderful, and usually very reliable, you should never had just one point of contact.

Always be prepared with at least one back up.  A landline, a second phone line on a VoIP service, a second charged up 'emergency flip phone', etc...

Never rely on one thing.  Failures happen, usually at the worst possible times.

elya

@ute1978 wrote:

Not as often for me either. Just a few times. But it is annoying. God forbid I have a job interview and the future employer calls me and I lose the call.....

I've already had calls dropped on two different interview calls. Luckily I was able to call them back on a different phone. It's really stressful.

elya

@youbme wrote:

This is certainly not normal and sounds like an issue with reception. @rob79, I'm surprised to hear you've also had this issue. As far as I know, the reliability with PM's service should be the same as Telus/Koodo. If that is not the case, then something is wrong with either the phone or account.  I've never noticed any issues with dropped calls in good reception areas.

You mentioned that your husband doesn't have these issues, have you tried your SIM in his phone? If the problem persists, then there is something going on with your account and you'll need to contact the coming moderators as outlined above to get help.

Hopefully it can be resolved quickly, keep us posted.

I have full reception when the calls drop. The calls drop within 1 minute every single time, from every single location I have ever made/received a call. I have tried my SIM in 3 different phones, including my husband's phone and still have the dropped calls.  It's really quite frustrating. I've contacted the moderators so I'll let you know what I find. Thanks.

elya

I have full signal when they drop. And they drop every time, from every location I have ever tried to make/receive a phone call. That's why it's so frustrating. 😞

ute1978

@rob79 wrote:

@ute1978 - Oh I definitely will, and I'll report back. Like I said though, it doesn't happen to me nearly as often as you and OP are reporting. Only a couple times/month.

Not as often for me either. Just a few times. But it is annoying. God forbid I have a job interview and the future employer calls me and I lose the call.....

Need Help? Let's chat.