cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected to 3G & 4G, but no internet

Rysovian
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

This is a bit unusual; it says connected to 3G and 4G after setting up the APN, but I still cannot connect. This only affects one of my phones, but not the other. It works on my Samsung S5 Active, but it won't work on my E&L W6 Three Proofings.
This is the phone I'm trying to get it working on, specs in the link.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-E-L-W6-4G-LTE-Mobile-Phone-4-5-854-480-MTK6735-Quad-core-1G...

And this is my APN settings to prove that I did it correctly according to the guide:

Screenshot_20180221-123958[1].pngScreenshot_20180221-124022[1].pngScreenshot_20180221-124028[1].pngScreenshot_20180221-124200[1].pngScreenshot_20180221-124245[1].pngScreenshot_20180221-124311[1].png

Any idea on why it's not working?

Thanks~

8 REPLIES 8

PaulC1967

On my version of android, you should also make sure that all your apps have access to data.  I did not have data before and almost all of my apps were set to wifi only.  That was why I had data access but could not access the internet using chrome.

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RysovianGood to know. Androids are getting complicated these days!

Rysovian

It was really hidden
Settings>Data usage>Top Right Three Dot>Cellular networks>Telus>Celluar data>"switch on"

Thanks~!

@Rysovianwrote:

Still no luck with either... top right says it's connected, I think... since it shows 4G/3G; and even at almost full bar, it still gives the same error with both the web browser, but also won't connect on any other apps...

Is the data meter blocking things?  If usage limit is set, make sure that the set limit is not exceeded.  I also see gmail notification which suggests data is working and emails are synching.  Could the problem be the browser is broken.  How about trying a different browser.

Rysovian

Still no luck with either... top right says it's connected, I think... since it shows 4G/3G; and even at almost full bar, it still gives the same error with both the web browser, but also won't connect on any other apps...

Civic_E

@will13amwrote:

@Civic_Ewrote:

@Rysovian

it should be isp.mb.com

you are putting sp.mb.com

hope it helps 🙂

It is supposed to be sp.mb.com.  The isp.mb.com is supposed to be for the so called tethering APN.  Both work.  So just use sp.mb.com.

Interesting i checked my phone's setting and it said isp.mb.com...and data is working

@Civic_Ewrote:

@Rysovian

it should be isp.mb.com

hope it helps 🙂

It is supposed to be sp.mb.com.  The isp.mb.com is supposed to be for the so called tethering APN.  Both work.  So just use sp.mb.com.  If you look carefully at the notification bar, there is a data connection.  So, it doesn't seem to make sense the browser is not getting a data connection.

Civic_E

@Rysovian

it should be isp.mb.com

hope it helps 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.