cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to public network error

Syl63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My sim card is inserted..my plan is activated and works on another phone...the new phone im trying to use is unlocked...but i cannot register to public mobile...its says unable to connect try later

16 REPLIES 16

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Syl63 try changing your network to wcdma only, follow these steps:

Samsung Galaxy S3

• tap menu
  • tap settings 
  • tap more settings
  • tap mobile networks
  • tap select network mode
  • tap wcdma only and restart

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Syl63 

Does your phone work with another active SIM card?

If your phone does not work with any SIM card, check here to see if your device has been blacklisted:
https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

@Syl63 

It would still be extremely helpful if you provided us with the make and model of your phone. What exactly is the error message you are getting? You are sure your phone is unlocked because your former provider supplied you with the code and you performed that function yourself?

Barbie2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had this when I first changed to public but after a few hours it was good to go. Maybe you need to wait. That was my experience.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Syl63  If the card works in another phone then you have an issue with your device. Try a factory reset and if it still doesn't work then time for a new new phone.

Factory reset Galaxy S3:

https://www.wikihow.tech/Reset-a-Samsung-Galaxy-S3

Atlantis7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Take a look if you can access these settings and check for your network operator.

1. From the Home screen, tap Menu.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select More settings.
  4. Select Mobile networks.
  5. Select Network operators. Let it scan for available networks.
  6. Select Public Mobile.

If finding an answer is not an option I suggest considering a new budget/midrange option phone. This problem may be software or hardware as well.

Cheers.

@Syl63 Try these these steps to determine your Android version.

1. From the Home screen, navigate: Apps. > Settings > Backup and reset. ...
  2. Tap Reset network settings.
  3. Tap Reset Settings.
  4. If applicable, enter the PIN, password, fingerprint or pattern then tap Reset Settings again to confirm.

Syl63

Cant find general management or reset network setting

@Syl63 Try resetting your network settings. 

Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 - Reset Network Settings
  1. From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
  2. Navigate: Settings. > General management > Reset.
  3. Tap Reset network settings.
  4. Review the info then tap Reset settings. If presented, enter the current PIN, password, or pattern.
  5. Tap Reset.

Restart your phone. Wait 30 seconds and restart it.  See if it works. If it does, reenter your wifi if applicable. Also enable data and try sending an mms message to make sure your apn settings work properly. Welcome to the community.  Stay safe. 

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi

What is make and model of your phone?

Where did you get it?

Was it used successfully with any provider that you know of.

It may still be locked actually

@Syl63 

The APN only affects your data and MMS it has no bearing on calling or SMS texting. If your sim works in a different phone then the issue lies with your phone. What is the make and model? Are you 100% sure it's unlocked? There have many that have told that by their former providers only to discover it was an untruth.

Syl63

I tried removing sim card and re starting

ive tried registrating with Bbell and Rogers..and then public.  All of them say unable to connect...the furst two was instant error...the public mobile takes a while than says the same thing.  I think my phone is galaxy s3

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Syl63 Try resetting your network settings and restart your phone.  Some phones require a network rest to work properly. The make and model of your phone will help. But

20200506_104406.jpg

In this case see if you can make a call.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try removing and reinserting the sim.  Also try rebooting your phone.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Syl63 

Trying turning the phone off removing the SIM then insert the SIM again and turn the phone back on. 

You may need to reset your APN settings, if you have a Samsung then the settings will automatically reset. 

You can also go into your network setting and manually select another network,  it will give you an error, then go back in and select Public Mobile. 

Lastly what phone do you have? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Syl63 wrote:

My sim card is inserted..my plan is activated and works on another phone...the new phone im trying to use is unlocked...but i cannot register to public mobile...its says unable to connect try later

What do you mean? Where and when does it say unable to register? Where and when does it say try again later?

What make/model/submodel is the phone?

Can you scan for networks and find Public Mobile?

Need Help? Let's chat.