cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmed: OnePlus 5T works great on Public Mobile!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

My OnePlus family has grown, with receipt of my new OnePlus 5T yesterday:

OP5T_Package.jpg

My Phones - Shareable.png

In case anyone has any concerns about the 5T, I can confirm that it is definitely compatible with Public Mobile.  The phone is only available unlocked, and aside from two storage & ram options, there is only one, global model--so no concern about international models here.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about the phone and I'll do my best to get back to you with the answers.  It's only been in my hands for about 10 hours so far, 6 of which I was asleep.  But I can try to post some more impressions later if desired.  There are a ton of YouTube and web reviews out there, most of which are pretty consistent with each other and with my initial impressions, so do check those out if you're curious about the phone.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
9 REPLIES 9

srlawren

...and of course, Dash charging is legit quick!!!

Screenshot_20171127-114701.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

Battery life seems quite decent so far.  After the past 22 hours (about 5.5 of which I was asleep, mind you), I've got 20% battery life left, and just shy of 5 hours screen on time:

Screenshot_20171127-085932.jpgScreenshot_20171127-085925.jpg

This includes about an hour of YouTube, about a half hour of light gaming (Farm Heroes Super Saga, lol), periodic Facebook usage, chatting on BBM and TextraSMS, and some Gmail, Feed Me (rss reader), Fenix 2 (Twitter) and Instagram, among some other misc usage. Had my Huawei Watch tethered via Bluetooth for about 12 of those hours, and a WiFi connection for probably...16-17 hours of the 22.

srlawren

@ckl touche!

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

"It's only been in my hands for about 10 hours so far, 6 of which I was asleep"

Fake News alert! Any oneplus 5T owner would have skipped sleep playing with the thing.

j/k

srlawren

Dropped several photos in a separate thread here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Some-OnePlus-5T-photos-WARNING-post-c... Load with caution, might use up a lot of data!

@canucks4life when it works it is lightning fast!  I've had a few times when it didn't seem to find me--might be related to lighting.  The good news is that the fingerprint reader is even faster (about 0.2 seconds vs. 0.4 seconds for face unlock) so the workaround is quite acceptable, especially once I built up the muscle memory of finding the reader with my indec finger.  (I'm used to the front-mounted reader on my OP3)

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

How is the Face unlock working so far?

Yup, time to set aside money for this unit.  I've decided.

srlawren

@closng at literally half the price of an iPhone X or Note 8, and also significantly less than an S8/S8+, V30, iPhone 8/8+, etc., it's one heck of a machine!  🙂  According to OnePlus it's their fastest selling launch yet (though they never seem to release the numbers so take it with a grain of salt).  Another Twitter user in Vancouver ordered about 3 hours after me (I ordered right at 6AM PST on the 21st, when sales started) said their estimated delivery is Dec 4th, so I guess they must be moving pretty quick indeed.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Awesome, thanks for reporting back. So far, this seems to be quite a popular phone,  you get so much more phone for the money spent.

Need Help? Let's chat.