cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure phone's data settings?

Carmelina
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't think it's a problem with my Public Mobile service--rather, my phone did a factory reset and I can't get data (but text and talk are working)

9 REPLIES 9

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Carmelina You may be up and running again, but if not and you use an iPhone the current update has had issues breaking data service: Apple iOS 13.3 Release: Should You Upgrade? [Updated]

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@totalUser ah okay, that makes more sense then.  Thanks for the clarification!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren the post changed and the original post and the title did match couple of other posts that popped up just before that which looked like they would need moderators help to resolve here is the original:

@Carmelina wrote:

$21 + tax was automatically debited from my credit card account for my automatic top-up and this is revealed in my transaction history on my self-serve account; however, my account is showing $21 oweing and a $4 balance from my rewards. I checked my credit card history and my card was charged. How do I get this fixed?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@totalUser wrote:

You should really talk to moderators

@totalUser what for?  If the issue really started with a factory reset, then it's a device issue not a service issue.  There's no need to reach out to the moderator team for that.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Carmelina wrote:

Hey. I don't think it's a mistake on Public Mobile's side. I did a factory reset of my phone and I I can't access my data plan.

If your self serve account doesn't show the data counter as xxx/1024MB (or whatever amount your plan includes) you have used up your plan data.

It might just be APN settings, though:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID

@Carmelina wrote:

Hey. I don't think it's a mistake on Public Mobile's side. I did a factory reset of my phone and I I can't access my data plan.

Data work before? If it"s a new phone or you're a new customer, factory reset won't always be a fix. You might have to manually enter APN.

Carmelina
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Carmelina wrote:

$21 + tax was automatically debited from my credit card account for my automatic top-up and this is revealed in my transaction history on my self-serve account; however, my account is showing $21 oweing and a $4 balance from my rewards. I checked my credit card history and my card was charged. How do I get this fixed?

@Carmelina...Log into My Account...is you plan showing Active or something else ? When was your most recent renewal ?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

You should really talk to moderators

Lots of people have renewal problems

The wait may be long

Can you check your payment history in the self-serve? If it doesn't show that payment went through you should write down the reference/transaction number from your credit card statement and pass it to moderators when you talk to them. If it does show as payment made on self-serve payment history, point it out (freak accident I guess) so they can fix it 

Is that your only account with public mobile?

Need Help? Let's chat.