cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatible phone?

tuck53
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. I am using a moto-G6 on my Public Mobile account, and I am very pleased with the service Public Mobile gives me. My friend would like to purchase a Moto G8 Power Lite phone, and wants to know if it will work with a Public Mobile SIM card. Website says: "Will NOT work with CDMA Carriers Such as Verizon, Sprint, Boost." Should I advise her not to purchase that phone if she plans to stay with Public Mobile?

12 REPLIES 12

@tuck53  YES

tuck53

Thank you much! Can she just take the Public Mobile SIM out of her G6 and use it in the G8 Power Lite?

@tuck53  take sim out of old phone put it in new one.most sims are 3 punch so if for example old phone takes a micro sim and new one is a nano just try punching the sim out.

tuck53

Thanks! Got it for her. Can she use the same SIM card as she has in her MOTO G6, or does she need a new one?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

there you go @Anonymous that's not a bad phone at all. the regular version looks pretty nice too. did you order a phone already?

My thread is on-going in the lounge. I didn't look if this one had dual sim and nfc and my wariness of Android One if it has it.

I ordered another Samsung A31 from ebay. Dang I hate mail-order. Probably another friggin month before I get it. Covid donchaknow. Meanwhile they have my money. Anyway...no need to sidetrack this thread.

there you go @Anonymous that's not a bad phone at all. the regular version looks pretty nice too. did you order a phone already?

@tuck53 All is good with it! Nice and solid choice😊

tuck53

Thanks, I appreciate the info.👍

tuck53

Thanks, I'll tell her to go ahead with the purchase. 🙂

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@tuck53  according to this site https://www.frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/83zYfGa/motorola-moto-g8-play-dual-sim-lte-a-la... it has both the required 3g and 4g LTE bands to work with PM. Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tuck53 wrote:

Hi. I am using a moto-G6 on my Public Mobile account, and I am very pleased with the service Public Mobile gives me. My friend would like to purchase a Moto G8 Power Lite phone, and wants to know if it will work with a Public Mobile SIM card. Website says: "Will NOT work with CDMA Carriers Such as Verizon, Sprint, Boost." Should I advise her not to purchase that phone if she plans to stay with Public Mobile?

Does the web site go on to say it works with the likes of T-Mobile and/or AT&T? Oh look...those are the US roaming partners of Public Mobile.

🙂

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Yes it will work. Have a good day!

Need Help? Let's chat.